Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Just for fun, whilst "Sharkhunting"

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Just for fun, whilst "Sharkhunting"
Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:
cthia wrote:I've always wondered what it would mean strategically if Manticore was faced with a junction which opened into their back yard which belongs to someone else. The galaxy is already accusing Manticore as being expansionists. But, by necessity, mustn't they become "junctionists?" Manticore can't make the mistake of the SL of failing to realize a direct military threat leading right into their backyard.

Junctionists. I can just see someone in the galaxy coining any future need of Manticore to collect junctions as "junkies." :D

The Basilisk Simplex. :lol:

As I picture an Honorverse character informing Elizabeth that "Your Highness, they're not calling us Manties after Laccoon II, they say we're a bunch of greedy Junkies..." What was the name of that imaginary dungeon Princess Ruth is afeared off?

But that WOULD be a fun twist in the Honorverse tales!, lol.

Should the GA become junkies? Galactic law says possession is even better than nine-tenths of the law. If it is determined that the MA's movements are dependent on junctions, why shouldn't the GA use a process of elimination? They won't discover the missing link, but surely the MA's resources are dependent on certain known junctions as well. The surprise strategy might force the MA into an error.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse