Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests

when will the next book of Honor Harrington be released ??

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
when will the next book of Honor Harrington be released ??
Post by spanis   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 pm

spanis
Midshipman

Does amybody know when de nex book of the Honor Harrington
series will be released ??
Re: when will the next book of Honor Harrington be released
Post by Duckk   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

For the United States, the short story anthology In Fire Forged will be released February 2011. The spin off series for young adult readers is scheduled to launch sometime in the fall of 2011. The next novel A Rising Thunder is tentatively scheduled for early 2012.
Post by Sheriff Yoda   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Sheriff Yoda
Captain of the List

Duckk wrote:For the United States, the short story anthology In Fire Forged will be released February 2011. The spin off series for young adult readers is scheduled to launch sometime in the fall of 2011. The next novel A Rising Thunder is tentatively scheduled for early 2012.

Is that a main line book?
Post by Duckk   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Eh, it's both a mainline and a SoS book. You'll see a lot more Honor than in previous sidestory books, though the Talbott Quadrant and Mike Henke will still be present.
Post by Abaddon   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Abaddon
Commander

Duckk wrote:Eh, it's both a mainline and a SoS book. You'll see a lot more Honor than in previous sidestory books, though the Talbott Quadrant and Mike Henke will still be present.
Any idea if we are going to see any Silesia? I was hoping to get a little bit of Mark Sarnow in there to complement the Talbott Quadrant stuff we've been seeing so much of. But I know there's only so much print to be split up among many different sectors and storylines.
Post by richardinor   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:41 pm

richardinor
Lieutenant Commander

Sheriff Yoda wrote:
Duckk wrote:For the United States, the short story anthology In Fire Forged will be released February 2011. The spin off series for young adult readers is scheduled to launch sometime in the fall of 2011. The next novel A Rising Thunder is tentatively scheduled for early 2012.

Is that a main line book?

As I understand it, Mr Weber said that he is bring the shadows story line and the main story line back togeather into one story line. The Torch story line will remain seperate.
Post by Duckk   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Abaddon wrote:
Duckk wrote:Eh, it's both a mainline and a SoS book. You'll see a lot more Honor than in previous sidestory books, though the Talbott Quadrant and Mike Henke will still be present.
Any idea if we are going to see any Silesia? I was hoping to get a little bit of Mark Sarnow in there to complement the Talbott Quadrant stuff we've been seeing so much of. But I know there's only so much print to be split up among many different sectors and storylines.

No Silesia.
Post by jthoma8318   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

Duckk wrote:
Abaddon wrote:

No Silesia.

Not even in the anthology? I'm still holding out hope for a full story about the death of Saginami in one of the anthologies
Post by kzt   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

jthoma8318 wrote:Not even in the anthology? I'm still holding out hope for a full story about the death of Saginami in one of the anthologies

One of the SITS settings books has a little more about how the situation developed into the battle that killed him, but it's about two-four paragraphs before and two after.
Post by Duckk   » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

jthoma8318 wrote:Not even in the anthology? I'm still holding out hope for a full story about the death of Saginami in one of the anthologies

Oh, I thought the question was referring to just the next novel. One of the short stories for In Fire Forged will take place in Silesia, but it's about the Casmir raid.

Return to Honorverse