Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 43 guests

Plastic model

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Plastic model
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:28 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:The Graysons refused to change the name. It was the RMN that changed the name back to the Medusa class.

They made a lot of excuses for why changing the name wasn't possible. And why the statue of her had to stay.
Post by Theemile   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:43 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
tlb wrote:The Graysons refused to change the name. It was the RMN that changed the name back to the Medusa class.

They made a lot of excuses for why changing the name wasn't possible. And why the statue of her had to stay.

I know the statue was insured, but can you imagine the monthly premiums?
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:52 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Honor Harrington might get David into hot water.

His marriage vows probably included something like "... and I promise not to covet another woman."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:42 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Just make it big enough that he can sleep in it. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:50 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:I know the statue was insured, but can you imagine the monthly premiums?

Crowdsource it. Pretty sure if someone started a gofundme compaign, all Graysons would pitch in.
Post by Theemile   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
Theemile wrote:I know the statue was insured, but can you imagine the monthly premiums?

Crowdsource it. Pretty sure if someone started a gofundme compaign, all Graysons would pitch in.

Is there an old harbor fort somewhere on Grayson to mount the massive statue built with the proceeds from such a campaign?
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by kzt   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:32 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

IIRC, Grayson doesn’t do oceans. Too dangerous.

Return to Honorverse