Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 60 guests

Honor/Hamish/The Cats

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honor/Hamish/The Cats
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:52 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor/Hamish/The Cats

This is also an interesting Trinity. The most interesting, by far.

Honor and Hamish are married. Samantha and Nimitz are "married" as well. Lots of questions arise.

If Honor and Hamish ever get into a heated argument and physically fight, what sides do the Cats take? Honor won't need help kicking Hamish's ass, but will Samantha allow it?

Samantha is a Memory Singer. She remembers everything. Which means Hamish can't get away with anything. Does Samantha kiss and tell with Nimitz who relays to Honor? That could turn out to be a conflict of interest if there are secrets Honor shouldn't know.*

Samantha is akin to a probe Honor left to watch over a system until she returns to tap into that probe. "Let's see what Hamish has been up to." LOL

*I always wondered how a Treecat is taught the sensitivity of certain subjects. For instance, Thought Chaser was assigned to Pat Givens. Was Thought Chaser "debriefed" and/or "vetted?"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Honor/Hamish/The Cats
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Well, it seems the old question of whether you can truly be in love with more than one person seems to be an affirmative in the Honor/Hamish/Emily thread.

Yet, a Treecat can only manage being bonded to one.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by George J. Smith   » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:55 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

cthia wrote:Well, it seems the old question of whether you can truly be in love with more than one person seems to be an affirmative in the Honor/Hamish/Emily thread.

The Treecat/Treecat bond is full spectrum both ways though, the Treecat/Human bond is restricted and for all intents and purposes, (absent Honor & Hamish, Allison & Alfred)a Human/Human bond doesn't exist.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by cthia   » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:48 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:
cthia wrote:Well, it seems the old question of whether you can truly be in love with more than one person seems to be an affirmative in the Honor/Hamish/Emily thread.

The Treecat/Treecat bond is full spectrum both ways though, the Treecat/Human bond is restricted and for all intents and purposes, (absent Honor & Hamish, Allison & Alfred)a Human/Human bond doesn't exist.

Your point is interesting George.

At least for Treecats, it proves that you can only be truly in love with just one. Even the full spectrum bond between two cats, is limited to just two cats, each for the other. There will never be a menage a trois between three cats.

Also, do note that some very intense bonding has been reported between human twins. And, do note, that humans have said to be bonded between mother and child, etc.

Perhaps the Cats have answered the age old human question of whether an entity can truly be in love with more than one entity at a time. Personally, I think not. I acknowledge that human emotions can suffer being torn between two or more people, and perhaps each connection may closely approach being in love; but ultimately, IMO, the depth of that love suffers. And it leaves an opening to be displaced by the real thing.

Return to Honorverse