Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

1000 Worst Ways to Die in the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: 1000 Worst Ways to Die in the Honorverse
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:42 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Irritate Thandi Palane just enough that she decides to NOT kill you with the first punch, but a few hits at a time. Wham! broke jaw, wham broke leg, collarbones, elbows, knees, pelvis, and the infamous ballbuster writ permanent.

Then she leaves you to die... on an anthill.

Not a pleasant day in the neighborhood.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by saber964   » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:27 pm

saber964
Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:Irritate Thandi Palane just enough that she decides to NOT kill you with the first punch, but a few hits at a time. Wham! broke jaw, wham broke leg, collarbones, elbows, knees, pelvis, and the infamous ballbuster writ permanent.

Then she leaves you to die... on an anthill.

Not a pleasant day in the neighborhood.

Along the same vein. Have Victor pissed off at you for a slow lingering death.
Post by saber964   » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:31 pm

saber964
Admiral

Another long lingering pain inducing death. A Treecat does a death by a zillion cuts.
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:Another long lingering pain inducing death. A Treecat does a death by a zillion cuts.

Clean cuts by Clean Killer. Reminds me of the pain inflicted by an invisible razor sharp paper cut.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:17 pm

saber964
Admiral

Anton Zilwicky and a few dozen illegal wrestling moves.
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:Anton Zilwicky and a few dozen illegal wrestling moves.

Just the thought of any wrestling move by Zilwicki sounds painful, but an illegal move? I pity the fool.

A bear hug by Zilwicki can kill.* Considering any of today's wrestling moves executed by Zlwicki . . .

1. The body slam
2. The neckbreaker
3. The figure four
4. The arm lock
5. DDT
6. Chokeslam
7. Piledriver
8. *The Bolo squeeze. See victim #4.

Even legal moves should be illegal if administered by Zilwicki. Nice call saber.

Aboard Elvis Santino's ship.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Julia Minor   » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Julia Minor
Commander

Seriously tick off the Audubon Ballroom.
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:53 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Enter a triathalon on Grayson.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Julia Minor wrote:Seriously tick off the Audubon Ballroom.

:lol:

Which, as Georgia Sakristos can testify, is also one of the worst ways to live. Constantly looking over your shoulder, changing addresses, systems, planets, name, appearance and lifestyle.

Post by tlb   » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:56 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Being stranded in space in the manner that almost befell Ginger Lewis has to rank high on my list. Claustrophobic and floating about, aimlessly lost in the great big huge void that is space, closing in all around you.

Since the question was about the worst ways to die, many of these where a person dies almost instantly (such as compensator failure or getting in Victor Cachet's way) do not count. For awhile I thought the Flying Dutchman you mention would be worst, but in UH we learned that the medic kit in the suit can put you into a chemical sleep until you are either recovered or dead. So now I think the worst deaths were suffered by the would-be mutineers on Wayfarer, who were forgotten in the brig as the ship was abandoned. They may have water and air until the ship breaks apart, but no food except for each others company.

Return to Honorverse