Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

Mesan conquest by force totally unnecessary?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Mesan conquest by force totally unnecessary?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:56 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Given the news that the Harringtons are a rogue Alpha line and that the Wintons are also genes (Mike didn't tell Honor while they were rooming at the academy?), we have to realize that if the Detweiler theories of genetic superiority are correct, Mesa should be able to achieve it's objectives without conquest. All Mesa needs to do is develop their augmented humans, raise up legions of males, then send them forth to inseminate the Honorverse. If Mesan genes truly are superior, they will out compete the normals.

I can see the introduction for the sindicated halovision series now:

These are the stories of the Messan males.
There five year missions to seek out and seduce new life forms and new civilizations.
To boldly ejaculate where no Mesan Alpha has ejaculated before.
Last edited by TFLYTSNBN on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Megan conquest by force totally unnecessary?
Post by Galactic Sapper   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:09 pm

Galactic Sapper
Captain of the List

Confusing title typo is confusing.

And yes, it's been pointed out a few times that Mesa would have been much better off running an open public education program than a galaxy-spanning secret cabal. That the decoy Alignment would have worked in the centuries they've been planning their takeover.

Never let it be said that fanatics are entirely right in the head, though.
Re: Mesan conquest by force totally unnecessary?
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:58 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Galactic Sapper wrote:Confusing title typo is confusing.

And yes, it's been pointed out a few times that Mesa would have been much better off running an open public education program than a galaxy-spanning secret cabal. That the decoy Alignment would have worked in the centuries they've been planning their takeover.

Yeah, I was wondering who or what Megan is. Corrected in this post.

Also, I'm not sure you can say that the Mesan lines truly are superior. As just discussed in the other thread, the Havenite leadership doesn't seem to be made up of genies. The Andermani definitely aren't, while the Graysons do have genetic manipulation but in the entire population.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:00 pm

TFLYTSNBN

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
Galactic Sapper wrote:Confusing title typo is confusing.

Yeah, I was wondering who or what Megan is. Corrected in this post.

Also, I'm not sure you can say that the Mesan lines truly are superior. As just discussed in the other thread, the Havenite leadership doesn't seem to be made up of genies. The Andermani definitely aren't, while the Graysons do have genetic manipulation but in the entire population.

Damn spell checker has been getting uppity on me.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Why not correct it in the title?

Uppity spell checkers are taking over the world, one word at a time. It is the precursor to the first Terminator.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:46 pm

TFLYTSNBN

cthia wrote:Why not correct it in the title?

Uppity spell checkers are taking over the world, one word at a time. It is the precursor to the first Terminator.

I do not know how to edit the title retroactively.

I just figured it out.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:47 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
cthia wrote:Why not correct it in the title?

I do not know how to edit the title retroactively.

I just figured it out.

Now we just have to stop replying to posts with the wrong title and not correcting it.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:17 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It's not enough to win, but to make the other side admit that they lost. That they were wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:It's not enough to win, but to make the other side admit that they lost. That they were wrong.

Indeed, you beat me to it. Revenge is a dish best servered s[cold].

Which lines up perfectly with an entity that holds onto a grudge for centuries.

See, Wrath of Khan.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:43 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

One of my friends thinks that the MA may have miscalculated the reaction of human nature, go figure.

He posits that the MA could ignite a galaxy-wide battle between genies and nons. From what I gather, genies aren't exactly embraced everywhere. Or rather, pockets of latent racism still exists. Well, duh.

Return to Honorverse