Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

New book???

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
New book???
Post by Relax   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:12 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

I know this topic has probably been done a few times, but I have searched and see nothing, so consider me blind :oops:

When is next honorverse coming out? 2021? Later?

Sorry in advance...

EDIT: Not Manticore Ascendant Series
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Re: New book???
Post by Maldorian   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:39 am

Maldorian
Captain (Junior Grade)

I wish they would translate the last book in my language (German). Our local Publisher here is a little bit slow with that (lack of translaters I guess).

Are there any good points to continue the story or is the current main plot at the end?
Post by tlb   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:32 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

My guess is that Damien Harahap and cat are being united with Zilwicki and Cachet in a collaboration book with Eric Flint, and that is what will be published next. I have no idea when, but I thought there has been mention in the forum that they are working on it.

Here is the link that JohnRoth and Peregrinator found as of this September:
https://www.ericflint.net/index.php/forthcoming/

ALSO UNDERWAY — manuscripts being written but not yet scheduled for publication:

Cloak of Evil (working title; the final title will be different—stay tuned). This is the fourth novel I’ve co-authored with David Weber in his Honor Harrington universe. It is the sequel to Cauldron of Ghosts.

Also somewhere in the forum are comments from Eric Flint saying something like RFC is working him hard to untangle plot points (that is not right, but have not found the post).
Post by Theemile   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Maldorian wrote:I wish they would translate the last book in my language (German). Our local Publisher here is a little bit slow with that (lack of translaters I guess).

Are there any good points to continue the story or is the current main plot at the end?

I've always thought your English is quite good - I take it you prefer the more a relaxed reading in native German? Or are you unable to get an English copy over there because it is not released locally yet?
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by justdave   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:27 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

tlb wrote:My guess is that Damien Harahap and cat are being united with Zilwicki and Cachet in a collaboration book with Eric Flint, and that is what will be published next. I have no idea when, but I thought there has been mention in the forum that they are working on it.

Here is the link that JohnRoth and Peregrinator found as of this September:
https://www.ericflint.net/index.php/forthcoming/

ALSO UNDERWAY — manuscripts being written but not yet scheduled for publication:

Cloak of Evil (working title; the final title will be different—stay tuned). This is the fourth novel I’ve co-authored with David Weber in his Honor Harrington universe. It is the sequel to Cauldron of Ghosts.

Also somewhere in the forum are comments from Eric Flint saying something like RFC is working him hard to untangle plot points (that is not right, but have not found the post).

MWW has said his next honorverse novel will be RMMC Gunnery Sergeant(?) Harrington
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:42 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

justdave wrote:MWW has said his next honorverse novel will be RMMC Gunnery Sergeant(?) Harrington

We know there's a new David Weber story coming next month in the new edition of Infinite Stars Could this be it?

Maldorian wrote:Are there any good points to continue the story or is the current main plot at the end?

Oh, plenty. The main plot is definitely not at end, since the confrontation with the Mesan Alignment is only heating up (though there are indications it'll cool again first, maybe for a decade or more of universe time, before heating up again).

As tlb said, the next book will likely be in the Crown of Slaves series, focused on Cachat, Zilwicki, Harahap and Fire Watch (his treecat). It's likely going to be on the heels of Uncompromising Honor, maybe backtracking a few months, from the moment the Manticoran Tenth Fleet and Havenite Second Fleet arrived in orbit of Mesa, focused on their search for the Mesan Alignment inner onion. My guess is that Zachariah McBride is going to be mentioned and have a few POV chapters too, and one or more of Our Heroes™ are going to travel to Parmley Station and pick up the Houdini trail to Darius. Hopefully (though maybe not in this book, only the next), they're going to find evidence that the Congo Wormhole had been explored and transited.

It seems David merge the Saganami Island series with the main one, so maybe the one after that is going to be a hybrid of the two, but without Honor as the main character. I'm hoping for focus on Henke & Tourville and the political consequences of the Mayan and Madras Sector independences and that of the League's defeat. For two or three books, we'll be seeing the stage set for the MAlign final confrontation, when Honor will be back.

But before that, we'll get a few more 16th century PD books. David has said he'll contracted for more Star Kingdom series featuring Stephanie Harrington, and we know there's one more in the works in the Manticore Ascendant series. I hope Timothy Zahn and Tom Pope get to continue it.

And keep an eye out for short stories, like the purported one on Alfred Harrington.

My prediction for novels:
  • 2020: A Call to Insurrection (MA4)
  • 2020/21: Cloak of Evil (CS4)
  • 2021/22: SK4
  • 2022: Mainline / Saganami Island #19 (HH15/SI5)
Post by Cartref   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:08 am

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

While not in the Honorverse, David has also promised a new War God book as well as the Safehold series as a high priority, so if that happens, it would impact on the schedule of books.

I know some of his new books are in collaboration with other authors, but the War God & Safehold books are all his own.
Post by Hornblower   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:57 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Theemile wrote:
Maldorian wrote:I wish they would translate the last book in my language (German). Our local Publisher here is a little bit slow with that (lack of translaters I guess).

I've always thought your English is quite good - I take it you prefer the more a relaxed reading in native German? Or are you unable to get an English copy over there because it is not released locally yet?

It is no problem to order the english version from Amazon in Germany. One of them I got a day before the offical release date.
Post by Relax   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Thanks guys:
Was at Half Price books and picked up a couple War Gods Own books. So, another one would be great. Just not my Honorverse... :cry:

2022-->2025. 3+ years. Oi!

In fairness, Uncompromising Honor essentially wrapped everything up just like At All Costs did so I would not be all that surprised if we see another 5 year gap. Maybe in that 5 year gap both in RL and the Honorverse, Raoul can get some magic bean cat juice and magically grow very quickly... with telepathy in next book... :roll:
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by saber964   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:55 pm

saber964
Admiral

According to post on DWs FB page, he has signed a contract for three Star Kingdom (Stephanie Harrington) novels.

Return to Honorverse