Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zyffyr and 60 guests

New book???

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New book???
Post by Roguevictory   » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

I would like some prequel books personally a book or trilogy focused on Edward Saganami's career plus a novel covering the Free Brotherhood Conflict. And my long standing desire for a short story anthology following various characters through the Crusher remains.
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Roguevictory wrote:I would like some prequel books personally a book or trilogy focused on Edward Saganami's career plus a novel covering the Free Brotherhood Conflict. And my long standing desire for a short story anthology following various characters through the Crusher remains.

You got me salivating like a rabid dog. The Saganami story probably would also encompass King Roger.

The Crusher should cover Pavel Young and how he managed to survive it, and yet turn out to be anything but a Queen's officer, plus it might witness when, where and how his true colors began to shine thru.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

cthia wrote:
Roguevictory wrote:I would like some prequel books personally a book or trilogy focused on Edward Saganami's career plus a novel covering the Free Brotherhood Conflict. And my long standing desire for a short story anthology following various characters through the Crusher remains.

You got me salivating like a rabid dog. The Saganami story probably would also encompass King Roger.

The Crusher should cover Pavel Young and how he managed to survive it, and yet turn out to be anything but a Queen's officer, plus it might witness when, where and how his true colors began to shine thru.

I think that happened when he was a teenager.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You certainly have a point there George. Even so, it's hard to believe what he tried with Honor was the first indication he was more than a bit unsettled. I wonder what his roommate had to say about him. He had his click, but being his roommate had to have been a nightmare.

And, I'd still like to see his actual grades and transcripts. I imagine he was far from the teacher's pet in H.S.

At any rate, I just can't see him applying himself at any point in his miserable life.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Erls   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

I would love the Free Brotherhood conflict. I also wouldn't mind seeing a 2 or 3 part novel involving the colonization of Manticore and the virus. Follow a few different viewpoint characters who descendants play a role in either the Star Kingdom series or the Honor Harrington era. Perhaps even a story from the treecat perspective about the pre-Stephanie humans and how the cats came to their initial policy of hiding.
Post by Maldorian   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Maldorian
Captain (Junior Grade)

I wish they would translate the last book in my language (German). Our local Publisher here is a little bit slow with that (lack of translaters I guess).

Are there any good points to continue the story or is the current main plot at the end?

FINALLY! The german publisher anounced the first half of the last book for Febuary 2021. How long is it then ? 2,5 years since the english original was released?

Return to Honorverse