Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests

New book???

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New book???
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:40 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

AClone wrote:I really, really, REALLY hate to say this, but given the time span between books for the War God series, I hope that the next one wraps up all of the outstanding questions. I'm not sure I've got another then years...after whenever it finally comes out.

Sorry to dash your hopes, but RFC appears to be planning on at least a half dozen books to wrap everything up.
Post by AClone   » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:31 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
AClone wrote:I really, really, REALLY hate to say this, but given the time span between books for the War God series, I hope that the next one wraps up all of the outstanding questions. I'm not sure I've got another ten years...after whenever it finally comes out.

Sorry to dash your hopes, but RFC appears to be planning on at least a half dozen books to wrap everything up.

Isn't that Safehold?
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:23 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

AClone wrote:I really, really, REALLY hate to say this, but given the time span between books for the War God series, I hope that the next one wraps up all of the outstanding questions. I'm not sure I've got another ten years...after whenever it finally comes out.

ThinksMarkedly wrote:Sorry to dash your hopes, but RFC appears to be planning on at least a half dozen books to wrap everything up.
AClone wrote:Isn't that Safehold?

According to David (at the July NASFIC), Safehold is "supposed" to be about 6 more books. I believe it was mentioned several years ago that there was a 5 book contract for the War God series (and the Sword of the South was the first of the five) - so 4 more to go.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by tlb   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:48 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:According to David (at the July NASFIC), Safehold is "supposed" to be about 6 more books. I believe it was mentioned several years ago that there was a 5 book contract for the War God series (and the Sword of the South was the first of the five) - so 4 more to go.

There may be more coming, but by my count Sword of the South is the fifth:
Oath of Swords (February 1995)
The War God's Own (May 1998)
Wind Rider's Oath (May 2004)
War Maid's Choice (July 2012)
The Sword of the South (August 2015)
Post by Dauntless   » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:46 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

the contract was reported as being something new and was not announced until after war maid's choice.

so yes while sword of the south is the fifth book, it is only book 1 of a 5 book contract.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:16 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Dauntless wrote:the contract was reported as being something new and was not announced until after war maid's choice.

so yes while sword of the south is the fifth book, it is only book 1 of a 5 book contract.

What he said :mrgreen:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by tlb   » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:06 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:My guess is that Damien Harahap and cat are being united with Zilwicki and Cachet in a collaboration book with Eric Flint, and that is what will be published next. I have no idea when, but I thought there has been mention in the forum that they are working on it.

Here is the link that JohnRoth and Peregrinator found as of this September:
https://www.ericflint.net/index.php/forthcoming/

ALSO UNDERWAY — manuscripts being written but not yet scheduled for publication:

Cloak of Evil (working title; the final title will be different—stay tuned). This is the fourth novel I’ve co-authored with David Weber in his Honor Harrington universe. It is the sequel to Cauldron of Ghosts.

Also somewhere in the forum are comments from Eric Flint saying something like RFC is working him hard to untangle plot points (that is not right, but have not found the post).

I just looked at Eric Flint's home page and there is no change in status. Does anyone have more current information?
Post by kzt   » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:49 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

David seems to get paid more to do other series. And he's at the stage in life when that is really important.
Post by Peregrinator   » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:50 pm

Peregrinator
Commander

tlb wrote:My guess is that Damien Harahap and cat are being united with Zilwicki and Cachet in a collaboration book with Eric Flint, and that is what will be published next. I have no idea when, but I thought there has been mention in the forum that they are working on it.

ALSO UNDERWAY — manuscripts being written but not yet scheduled for publication:

Cloak of Evil (working title; the final title will be different—stay tuned). This is the fourth novel I’ve co-authored with David Weber in his Honor Harrington universe. It is the sequel to Cauldron of Ghosts.

Well, at least the content of that page has changed - the original working title was Tangle of Tales IIRC.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:03 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Peregrinator wrote:

Well, at least the content of that page has changed - the original working title was Tangle of Tales IIRC.

I like the new one much better, TBH.

What I wanna know, though, is where's my Haven series?? :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to Honorverse