Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Galactic Sapper and 14 guests

New book???

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New book???
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:40 am

ThinksMarkedly
Captain (Junior Grade)

AClone wrote:I really, really, REALLY hate to say this, but given the time span between books for the War God series, I hope that the next one wraps up all of the outstanding questions. I'm not sure I've got another then years...after whenever it finally comes out.

Sorry to dash your hopes, but RFC appears to be planning on at least a half dozen books to wrap everything up.
Post by AClone   » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:31 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
AClone wrote:I really, really, REALLY hate to say this, but given the time span between books for the War God series, I hope that the next one wraps up all of the outstanding questions. I'm not sure I've got another ten years...after whenever it finally comes out.

Sorry to dash your hopes, but RFC appears to be planning on at least a half dozen books to wrap everything up.

Isn't that Safehold?
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:23 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

AClone wrote:I really, really, REALLY hate to say this, but given the time span between books for the War God series, I hope that the next one wraps up all of the outstanding questions. I'm not sure I've got another ten years...after whenever it finally comes out.

ThinksMarkedly wrote:Sorry to dash your hopes, but RFC appears to be planning on at least a half dozen books to wrap everything up.
AClone wrote:Isn't that Safehold?

According to David (at the July NASFIC), Safehold is "supposed" to be about 6 more books. I believe it was mentioned several years ago that there was a 5 book contract for the War God series (and the Sword of the South was the first of the five) - so 4 more to go.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by tlb   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:48 pm

tlb
Rear Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:According to David (at the July NASFIC), Safehold is "supposed" to be about 6 more books. I believe it was mentioned several years ago that there was a 5 book contract for the War God series (and the Sword of the South was the first of the five) - so 4 more to go.

There may be more coming, but by my count Sword of the South is the fifth:
Oath of Swords (February 1995)
The War God's Own (May 1998)
Wind Rider's Oath (May 2004)
War Maid's Choice (July 2012)
The Sword of the South (August 2015)
Post by Dauntless   » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:46 am

Dauntless
Commodore

the contract was reported as being something new and was not announced until after war maid's choice.

so yes while sword of the south is the fifth book, it is only book 1 of a 5 book contract.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:16 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Dauntless wrote:the contract was reported as being something new and was not announced until after war maid's choice.

so yes while sword of the south is the fifth book, it is only book 1 of a 5 book contract.

What he said :mrgreen:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Honorverse