Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

New Stephanie Harrington books

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
New Stephanie Harrington books
Post by Dauntless   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:10 am

Dauntless
Commodore

Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:54 am
Location: United Kingdom

From RFC's facebook page:

Stephanie rides again!

Ahem. Please excuse my exuberance, but a little announcement seems in order.

Jane Lindskold and I [flourish of trumpets] have just signed the contract for three additional novels in the Star Kingdom series.

Don't know exactly when we'll break ground on the project, but it should be Real Soon Now.
Last edited by Dauntless on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
Re: New Stephanice Harrington books
Post by Direwolf18   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:33 am

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Oh good. I enjoy those books they are nice low stakes world building novels.
Top
Re: New Stephanice Harrington books
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Derbyshire, United Kingdom

that is great - remembering that everything stems from Stephanie
Top
Re: New Stephanice Harrington books
Post by CaptainPerseus   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:41 pm

CaptainPerseus
Ensign

Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Personally I'm looking forward to these books in the hopes of seeing more character development for Karl. Treecat Wars focused on Stephanie, Andres, and Jessica. Maybe Karl can have his own side story somewhere in these next three books. Like Karl and Keen Eyes/Survivor on Manticore while Stephanie and the rest of the crew are on Sphinx.

Other than that, I really want Stephanie to cross paths with Travis. She's only 5 years older than him. So an eighteen year-old Stephanie could definitely meet a thirteen year-old Travis Uriah Long... and be annoyed by his rule stickler ways.
Top
Re: New Stephanice Harrington books
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:58 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Commander

Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am

CaptainPerseus wrote:Personally I'm looking forward to these books in the hopes of seeing more character development for Karl. Treecat Wars focused on Stephanie, Andres, and Jessica. Maybe Karl can have his own side story somewhere in these next three books. Like Karl and Keen Eyes/Survivor on Manticore while Stephanie and the rest of the crew are on Sphinx.

Other than that, I really want Stephanie to cross paths with Travis. She's only 5 years older than him. So an eighteen year-old Stephanie could definitely meet a thirteen year-old Travis Uriah Long... and be annoyed by his rule stickler ways.


I don't think that's likely, not in that time frame. She's in Sphinx and he's in Manticore as a kid.

Maybe a much older Dame Stephanie Harrington meets Capt. Long. Someone aboard one of the ships (don't remember who now) did wonder aloud about why the Volsung were invading, asking, "it's not the treecats, is it?" So why not have him go confer with the foremost experts on treecats?
Top
Re: New Stephanie Harrington books
Post by Cartref   » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Excellent news, thank you
Top
Re: New Stephanie Harrington books
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:59 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Commander

Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am

Another thought: may we catch Richard and Marjorie Harrington discussing with a now-adult Stephanie (who may or may not be thinking of marriage) about their real heritage? The real reason they left Meyerdahl? Something about some long-term plans they're not quite comfortable about?
Top
Re: New Stephanie Harrington books
Post by CaptainPerseus   » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:26 am

CaptainPerseus
Ensign

Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 9:23 pm

ThinksMarkedly wrote:Another thought: may we catch Richard and Marjorie Harrington discussing with a now-adult Stephanie (who may or may not be thinking of marriage) about their real heritage? The real reason they left Meyerdahl? Something about some long-term plans they're not quite comfortable about?


I doubt it. There has been no indication in any of the previous Star Kingdom novels or anywhere else in the Honorverse that Richard and Marjorie Harrington were aware of the existence of the Alignment. The Alignment was certainly keeping an eye on their genotype, but most likely it only involved covert surveillance by people that Richard and Marjorie were unaware belonged to the Alignment.
Top
Re: New Stephanie Harrington books
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:15 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Commander

Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am

CaptainPerseus wrote:I doubt it. There has been no indication in any of the previous Star Kingdom novels or anywhere else in the Honorverse that Richard and Marjorie Harrington were aware of the existence of the Alignment. The Alignment was certainly keeping an eye on their genotype, but most likely it only involved covert surveillance by people that Richard and Marjorie were unaware belonged to the Alignment.


Not necessarily. There are Alpha lines not far enough inside the Onion to know what it's all about (q.v., O'Harahan). So Richard and Marjorie may have been aware of the Alignment but not felt that it was evil, just attempting to improve the quality of life of certain people. Like themselves adapted for high gravity. So it may simply be something they never needed to mention so far.

It might instead be that their parents were aware of the Alignment machinations, but they weren't, which is why they didn't have a problem moving to Sphinx, without retaining contact. The Detweilers mentioned that it's difficult to keep tabs in all generations. If this is the case, RFC may insert some references to Stephanie's grandparents' behaviour that could be clues.

Or he can decide to make it so they ran away from the Alignment precisely because they were uncomfortable with what they'd found out. It wouldn't be the first time that storylines get inserted in later books even though they should have always been there. Like the mention in later books that the O'Daleys and the Longs had a tradition of RMN service, but no mention of a Long before A Call To Arms.
Top
Re: New Stephanie Harrington books
Post by sonex   » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:39 pm

sonex
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Dauntless wrote:From RFC's facebook page:

Stephanie rides again!

Ahem. Please excuse my exuberance, but a little announcement seems in order.

Jane Lindskold and I [flourish of trumpets] have just signed the contract for three additional novels in the Star Kingdom series.

Don't know exactly when we'll break ground on the project, but it should be Real Soon Now.


Oh goodie, I'm waiting :!: :!: :!:

sonex 8-)
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.
Top

Return to Honorverse