Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

KODT in Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: KODT in Honorverse
Post by tlb   » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Kaptenen wrote: First of all Völsung it´s not a story it is a person, secondly I do not mind Weber using the Nordic beliefs but he have to spell it right. Thirdly Odin is way more awesome then the Jewish volcano god, why do you worship him and his demented son anyway?

Volsung (spelled with a regular "o") is one of the eight dragon priests in Skyrim (see the Elder Scrolls game). So RFC could be using that word. Why do you insist that he is using Nordic beliefs? Do the Nordic beliefs really show up in the story? If not, then maybe you are wrong in demanding that he change the spelling.

If I understand correctly, Völsung is both a person and his resulting family and the Völsung Saga is about all of them.

If you bothered to read what I wrote, then you would know that I am agnostic; but "demented" is a stone thrown in a glass house.
We know from written sources that the Odin cult demanded human and animal sacrifices.

https://en.natmus.dk/historical-knowled ... acrifices/
Re: KODT in Honorverse
Post by Duckk   » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Topic over.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope

Return to Honorverse