Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

house of lies

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
house of lies
Post by hairbear541   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 pm

hairbear541
Ensign

has house of lies companion been published yet ?
Re: house of lies
Post by kzt   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:10 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Nope. Haven't heard anything about it for a year or more.

Things I've inferred from comments is that David is both busy and not having a trouble-free life, so these sorts of lower return and high production cost books might be something he has to push off to focus on projects that will pay him more.

Hope I'm wrong.
Post by boballab   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:17 pm

boballab
Captain of the List

Tom Pope who is a member of BuNine and a collaborator on the House series of books has been tied up with the Manticore Ascendent series and IIRC health problems of his own. I know from a Podcast a couple of months back that there is a 4th Manticore Ascendent book in the works.

"I'd like to think that someone in the Navy somewhere has at least the IQ of a gerbil!" Rear Admiral Rozsak on the officers in the SLN
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:23 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

They're working on it. I grilled RFC about this book at SphinxCon (because of course I did) and he told me that they're unknotting a quarter century of canon, some of which conflicts with each other. Apparently BuNine is having an absolute field day. But I'm assured that it is in progress and we will see it (not soon enough for me, of course, but 'two years ago' wouldn't have been soon enough for me, so.... ::shrug::)

Hope this helps! 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Thunder Child Actual   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:04 am

Thunder Child Actual
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I did not hear any updates on House of Lies at FantaSci this past weekend. Timothy Zahn did say that right now the plan is to do 6 books in the Manticore Ascendant series, so he is halfway done.
Post by Relax   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:39 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Thunder Child Actual wrote:I di.... Timothy Zahn did say that right now the plan is to do 6 books in the Manticore Ascendant series,

6... << Cough >> :cry: or , who knows story might start going somewhere.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by Peter2   » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:32 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Relax wrote:
Thunder Child Actual wrote:I di.... Timothy Zahn did say that right now the plan is to do 6 books in the Manticore Ascendant series,

6... << Cough >> :cry: or , who knows story might start going somewhere.

As you say, "6"?!!! Wow . . . But I am so looking forward to the point at which they start to uncover the Basilisk terminal. Or if that's too much to ask for, start to uncover the clues which lead to the Basilisk terminal . . .
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Peter2 wrote:
As you say, "6"?!!! Wow . . . But I am so looking forward to the point at which they start to uncover the Basilisk terminal. Or if that's too much to ask for, start to uncover the clues which lead to the Basilisk terminal . . .

That'll be a while. IIRC the Beowulf terminus is one of the original ones found and the first explored from the Manticore Junction - that's in 1585 PD. The Manticore Ascendant story-line was up to the 1540s; so we've still got 40 odd years before even the first terminus is discovered.

But then the Basilisk terminus wasn't found for almost another 300 years, in 1865 PD. That's only about 35 years before On Basilisk Station.

We may get a story of Basilisk first contact in an anthology one day, but I wouldn't expect the Manticore Ascendant series to cover that 300 odd years.
Post by kzt   » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:
We may get a story of Basilisk first contact in an anthology one day, but I wouldn't expect the Manticore Ascendant series to cover that 300 odd years.

I forget when the other termini were found. Basilisk was the last one before Lynx. I’m pretty sure Gregor had been around a long time, but I can’t even remember what the other ones are.
Post by saber964   » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:24 pm

saber964
Admiral

Ok, order of discovery of the MWJ terminals.
Manticore-Beowulf 1585 PD
Manticore-Trevors Star 1587 PD
Manticore-Hennessey 1590 PD
Manticore-Matipan 1720(?) PD
Manticore-Gregor 1780(?) PD
Manticore-Basilisk 1865 PD
Manticore-Lynx 1918 PD

Return to Honorverse