Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests

New ship idea

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New ship idea
Post by phillies   » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:51 pm

phillies
Admiral

munroburton wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:I doubt any Invictus class will be at the front of the queue for replacement, since they are already KHII/Apollo capable. It will be interesting to see what Bolthole Specials are like once they start to enter service; I wonder who will get the lead ship and what it will be named.

With Haven building them... probably the Javier Giscard, if there isn't already one. As for who gets the first one, I suspect the assortment of senior flag officers will want to keep their current flagships(consider that Hamish commanded Buttercup from an old-style SD, plus Tourville and Henke retaining their BC flagships), so it probably winds up under a 'mid-range' Havenite. Oliver Diamoto, perhaps?

Each component of the GA will probably name the class differently, after the first ship they take delivery of.

Actually, universally naming the class after Jack McBryde might deliver an interesting message.

roseandheather wrote:
i hate you i am going to punch you in the face don't speak to me don't even look at me

Perhaps you would prefer some other name? Mindful of one of the more exotic ship names of the 19th century Russian Imperial Navy Black Sea Fleet, perhaps one might imagine the Sonja and Shannon, named after the designers who worked together 24/7 even waking each other up to evolve the design?
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:20 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

phillies wrote:Perhaps you would prefer some other name? SNIP

EXCUSE YOU I NEVER SAID THAT
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by phillies   » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 pm

phillies
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
phillies wrote:Perhaps you would prefer some other name? SNIP

EXCUSE YOU I NEVER SAID THAT

I'm just trying to offer alternatives, since you really didn't seem to like the first few.

Perhaps given authorial predilections for beverages, one might find an excude for warships with names such as the Imperial Tokay? The Glenfiddich? Perhaps the Wild Irish Rose? The Palenka? It was, of course, a competing author who insisted on giving us The Ire Of Eire.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:09 am

roseandheather
Admiral

phillies wrote:I'm just trying to offer alternatives, since you really didn't seem to like the first few.

SNIP

*polite cough*

*points at signature*

'Liking' had nothing to do with it. 'Uncontrollable sobbing' did. :D
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by lyonheart   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:02 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Phillies,

Given how far ahead in numbers the RMN, GSN and RHN are in SDP's, I suspect the BSDF will make quite a strong case to be the first recipient, especially since all the really high tech stuff will be built and fitted in their system.

L

phillies wrote:
munroburton wrote:*quote="Weird Harold"*I doubt any Invictus class will be at the front of the queue for replacement, since they are already KHII/Apollo capable. It will be interesting to see what Bolthole Specials are like once they start to enter service; I wonder who will get the lead ship and what it will be named.*quote*

With Haven building them... probably the Javier Giscard, if there isn't already one. As for who gets the first one, I suspect the assortment of senior flag officers will want to keep their current flagships(consider that Hamish commanded Buttercup from an old-style SD, plus Tourville and Henke retaining their BC flagships), so it probably winds up under a 'mid-range' Havenite. Oliver Diamoto, perhaps?

Each component of the GA will probably name the class differently, after the first ship they take delivery of.

Actually, universally naming the class after Jack McBryde might deliver an interesting message.

roseandheather wrote:
i hate you i am going to punch you in the face don't speak to me don't even look at me

Perhaps you would prefer some other name? Mindful of one of the more exotic ship names of the 19th century Russian Imperial Navy Black Sea Fleet, perhaps one might imagine the Sonja and Shannon, named after the designers who worked together 24/7 even waking each other up to evolve the design?
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by phillies   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:41 am

phillies
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
phillies wrote:I'm just trying to offer alternatives, since you really didn't seem to like the first few.

SNIP

*polite cough*

*points at signature*

'Liking' had nothing to do with it. 'Uncontrollable sobbing' did. :D

Of course, if she joins her lover as a martyr to the war against the Alignment -- the author needs to kill someone, after all -- the ship can be the "Javier And Eloise". There. Now you will *really* be able to cry.
Post by MuonNeutrino   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:24 pm

MuonNeutrino
Commander

phillies wrote:Of course, if she joins her lover as a martyr to the war against the Alignment -- the author needs to kill someone, after all -- the ship can be the "Javier And Eloise". There. Now you will *really* be able to cry.

You're mean! :lol:
Post by munroburton   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:35 pm

munroburton
Admiral

lyonheart wrote:Hi Phillies,

Given how far ahead in numbers the RMN, GSN and RHN are in SDP's, I suspect the BSDF will make quite a strong case to be the first recipient, especially since all the really high tech stuff will be built and fitted in their system.

L

That's quite a good point. Even with the need to retrain Beowulfan personnel, there are 36 obsolete deathtraps carrying ~220,000 spacers.

Assuming the automation equipment is installed aboard the Bolthole Specials, they could man nearly 150 SD(P)s.

Didn't Bolthole build around 120 of the RHN's first SD(P)s?
Post by phillies   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:06 pm

phillies
Admiral

As seems to be forgotten, the BSDF will be fighting other SLN Invincible Star Superdreadnaughts, against which they should be perfectly effective.

munroburton wrote:
lyonheart wrote:Hi Phillies,

L

That's quite a good point. Even with the need to retrain Beowulfan personnel, there are 36 obsolete deathtraps carrying ~220,000 spacers.

Assuming the automation equipment is installed aboard the Bolthole Specials, they could man nearly 150 SD(P)s.

Didn't Bolthole build around 120 of the RHN's first SD(P)s?
Post by phillies   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:09 pm

phillies
Admiral

MuonNeutrino wrote:
phillies wrote:Of course, if she joins her lover as a martyr to the war against the Alignment -- the author needs to kill someone, after all -- the ship can be the "Javier And Eloise". There. Now you will *really* be able to cry.

You're mean! :lol:

Nonsense, I am trying to find something she wants, because she is clearly deserving of something to make her feel better. I've already tried three sets of ship names, a long list of virtual boozes, and a free copy of my YA sail and starship novel,... (8^((

George, Author, Designing Wargames, Introduction

Return to Honorverse