Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Bring them back, MWW!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Bring them back, MWW!
Post by saber964   » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:42 pm

saber964
Admiral

Hutch wrote:
Dafmeister wrote:D'oh! I totally garbled that one, didn't I?

Hey, you got his home planet right... 8-)

IIRC, Susan Hibson (another old friend) is going to Talbott to take command of the surface troops there, so we'll hopefully see her in action (with or without chewing gum).

But yeah, Tomas would be a nice return; I wonder if they need a military commander on the ground at Mesa...and he could bring a certain CSM Babcock with him...

BGEN Susan Hobson is currently CO 18th Marine Brigade (Independent) assigned to the TQ. Likely serving as garrison/cadre to the various TQ military forces
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:26 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
Hutch wrote:Hmmm..Tomas Rameriz (sp) and Molly DeLancy...what do you think rose? 8-) ;)

They'll either kill each other, or they'll vanish into some private room somewhere and not come up for air for a month. :mrgreen:
Oh my! gasping for air after a much needed laugh!! I like the not come up for air version, myself.

That said, any of our noted marine officers, etc. (Ramirez, Hibson, the sharpshooter from OBS, etc.) plus Babcock in a raid to capture big chunks of MAlign leadership? Gimme popcorn! to go with Rose's grabby hands.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by jchilds   » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:27 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

Wallace Canning has been a no-show since SVW, I think and I don't think we ever saw him explicitly killed or purged and he didn't make an appearance on Hades.

The other is less a being them back and more of an "in Memoriam" - Julius Hanks. It'd be nice to see a St. Julius' Cathedral someplace, especially if they turn a Grayson master glazier loose with large scale crystoplast/smart paint stained glass.
Post by munroburton   » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:54 am

munroburton
Admiral

jchilds wrote:Wallace Canning has been a no-show since SVW, I think and I don't think we ever saw him explicitly killed or purged and he didn't make an appearance on Hades.

The other is less a being them back and more of an "in Memoriam" - Julius Hanks. It'd be nice to see a St. Julius' Cathedral someplace, especially if they turn a Grayson master glazier loose with large scale crystoplast/smart paint stained glass.

At one point, around the time McQueen joins, it's remarked that the CPS has had a turnover rate in excess of 100%. After Ransom blew up, there were only two other original members besides Pierre and Saint-Just. He was probably eliminated by Cordelia Ransom, given his Legislaturalist background.

Or he was killed during the Leveler Uprising. And if he was on Hell, he might have laid low. Imagine finding out an Admiral Harrington is now in charge of you, after you screwed with a Commander Harrington way back on Basilisk Station, in events that contributed to her being shipped to Hades itself!
Post by dscott8   » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:20 pm

dscott8
Commodore

I would like to see one scene of a debate in the Manticoran House of Lords in which Sir Hakon Nessler,Earl Greatgap, gives a speech in support of the Crown's military policy.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:54 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

I want Sabrina Longmont back.

I know, I know, she hightailed it to the SL, but given recent events...

(Okay, fine, I partly want her back so I can ship her with Allen Higgins. Along with half the current regulars, I mean. I'm not really picky about who Allen ends up with as long as he's happy. But more Manty/Haven marriages are always good!)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Direwolf18   » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:I want Sabrina Longmont back.

I know, I know, she hightailed it to the SL, but given recent events...

(Okay, fine, I partly want her back so I can ship her with Allen Higgins. Along with half the current regulars, I mean. I'm not really picky about who Allen ends up with as long as he's happy. But more Manty/Haven marriages are always good!)

I totally forgot about her. I don't have any particular attachment to her to be honest, but in that theme Admiral Parnell making some kind of return would be quite interesting. I know we have a word of weber that he was avoiding going home because that would lead to some... interesting... questions, but with the situation with the league going south...

Interesting times.
Post by Westbrook 49   » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:48 am

Westbrook 49
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Oh wow good topic! There's a number of them, aside from those already mentioned.

-Todd Liatt, Prince Michael's old roommate from the Academy.

-The Warner family (Sir Craig and his kids-did Craig die in the Yawata Strike?).

-Hakon Nessler.

-Denis Jourdain! I imagine he had a pretty good position in the new Pritchart government.

-Leo Stottmeister (who I hope got picked up from Kornati) and Agnes Nordbrandt (whose storyline just kind of up and stopped with her still uncaptured).

And probably a few more I am forgetting.
Post by saber964   » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:42 pm

saber964
Admiral

Westbrook 49 wrote:Oh wow good topic! There's a number of them, aside from those already mentioned.

-The Warner family (Sir Craig and his kids-did Craig die in the Yawata Strike?).

-Hakon Nessler.

-Denis Jourdain! I imagine he had a pretty good position in the new Pritchart government.

-Leo Stottmeister (who I hope got picked up from Kornati) and Agnes Nordbrandt (whose storyline just kind of up and stopped with her still uncaptured).

Nordbrant is probably lying very low at the moment, if Medusa was smart she deployed an entire regiment of the 18th Marine Brigade with all of it battlefield survalence gear to replace the ad hoc battalion that was there. With them training the KNP and KDF, the FAK is going to find it's tough going.
Post by Louis R   » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

ISTR a tidbit to the effect that Denis Jourdain had gone back into private life after the fall of the Committee. Could be mistaken, but I think Himself mentioned it in passing someplace.

Westbrook 49 wrote:Oh wow good topic! There's a number of them, aside from those already mentioned.

-Hakon Nessler.

Return to Honorverse