Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

Bring them back, MWW!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Bring them back, MWW!
Post by cthia   » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:
biochem wrote:I would very much like to see Reginald Houseman return. Primarily because I'd like to see someone punch him again.

The only way he would reappear would be if some governmental agency flunky hire him and is willing to buck the wrath of both QEIII and HAH, not going to happen. Plus I think Houseman is to much of a wimp to get out of the safety of academia for a very, very long time.

I know what you mean. All of the antagonists have been dealt with. Who's left? IIRC, and someone I thought RFC was going to pass the antagonist baton, is the cousin? of Houseman?

It's not too late for Young's brother Dimitri to start feeling some anger from losing his father and brother -- though I got the feeling he didn't give a rat's ass about either.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by drothgery   » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:10 pm

drothgery
Admiral

cthia wrote:It's not too late for Young's brother Dimitri to start feeling some anger from losing his father and brother -- though I got the feeling he didn't give a rat's ass about either.
Stefan. Dmitri Young was their father.
Post by saber964   » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:42 pm

saber964
Admiral

drothgery wrote:
cthia wrote:It's not too late for Young's brother Dmitri to start feeling some anger from losing his father and brother -- though I got the feeling he didn't give a rat's ass about either.

According to various textev Lord Stefan Young, Earl North Hollow is playing a submarine lying doggo on the bottom. This is since the destruction of the blackmail loaded 'North Hollow Files'. The various victims want to have some 'discussions' with him.
Post by SharkHunter   » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:30 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Dafmeister wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:
Just how many of the inner circle remain now?

[Edit - realised this really should have some spoiler space for the new readers...]

Off the top of my head - Honor, Rafe Cardones, Max Stromboli, Scotty Tremaine, Harkness, Sally McBride, Mercedes Brigham, Samuel Webster, Nikos Papadopolous, Lois Suchon (though I doubt she'd be invited), Chief Killian, Fritz Montoya and, of course, Mac and Nimitz.
Tomas Ramirez anyone?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Dafmeister   » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:41 am

Dafmeister
Commodore

SharkHunter wrote:Tomas Ramirez anyone?

Definitely. I think the last mention of him was in HoS, which said he was CO of the Marine garrison on San Martin. Perhaps he could become the new CO of Marine forces in the Talbott Quadrant?
Post by cthia   » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:25 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

drothgery wrote:
cthia wrote:It's not too late for Young's brother Dimitri to start feeling some anger from losing his father and brother -- though I got the feeling he didn't give a rat's ass about either.

Thanks drothgery.

Don't know what came over me. Since I got it right in 'Twas The Night Before Dueling. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2376&start=1270

Of course, we all want to see the regular cast again. BUT... and I know I've posted it before, BUT... I'd really like to see Alice Truman's posting reincarnated as a fleet commander of a squadron of SDs. Or BCs. Anything that'll place her closer to the action and give us a in-depth look at the tactical brilliance that I know lies under her bonnet.

And if this is the next to last book, then isn't it high time that Abby be given command?

AND... bring back the Andermani. Since it will be their first appearance since getting over their disdain for all things Manticoran.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Vince   » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:03 am

Vince
Vice Admiral

Dafmeister wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:Tomas Ramirez anyone?

Definitely. I think the last mention of him was in HoS, which said he was CO of the Marine garrison on San Martin. Perhaps he could become the new CO of Marine forces in the Talbott Quadrant?

House of Steel, The Star Empire of Manticore, People wrote:Ramirez, Tomas Santiago
Major General, Royal Manticoran Marine Corps

Tomas Santiago Ramirez, a native of San Martin, is the son of President Jesus and Rosario Ramirez. He, his mother, and siblings escaped on the last transport before San Martin was conquered by the PRH. As a result, he grew up with a deep and abiding hatred of Haven. Ramirez has led an exemplary career, including positions as assault commander for the Blackbird Raid in 1903 PD and later as executive officer of the Allied occupation forces on his homeworld of San Martin, following its liberation from the People’s Republic.
After his father’s return from Hades, Ramirez resigned his Marine commission to become the commander of his homeworld’s reconstituted army. Following Jesus Ramirez’s election as president and San Martin’s admission to the Star Kingdom of Manticore and the integration of its armed forces into the Star Kingdom’s, Tomas Ramirez returned to the Royal Manticoran Marine Corps with the rank of major general. In 1920, Major General Ramirez was assigned as chief of staff to the Commandant of the Corps.
Italics are the authors', boldface and underlined text is my emphasis.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by Dafmeister   » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:06 am

Dafmeister
Commodore

D'oh! I totally garbled that one, didn't I?
Post by Hutch   » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:45 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Dafmeister wrote:D'oh! I totally garbled that one, didn't I?

Hey, you got his home planet right... 8-)

IIRC, Susan Hibson (another old friend) is going to Talbott to take command of the surface troops there, so we'll hopefully see her in action (with or without chewing gum).

But yeah, Tomas would be a nice return; I wonder if they need a military commander on the ground at Mesa...and he could bring a certain CSM Babcock with him...
Last edited by Hutch on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Dafmeister   » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Dafmeister
Commodore

Hutch wrote:
IIRC, Susan Hibson (another old friend) is going to Talbott to take command of the surface troops there, so we'll hopefully see her in action (with or without chewing gum).

But yeah, Tomas would be a nice return; I wonder if they need a military commander on the ground at Mesa...and he could bring a certain CSM Babcock with him...

That's a nice thought. My only concern is that Tomas might have a problem adapting to the Grand Alliance - his hatred of Haven runs deep. Consciously, I'm sure he sees the difference between the Peeps and the Republic, especially now the MA's role has been revealed, but I'm not sure he'll ever stop subconsciously seeing Havenites as the enemy.

Return to Honorverse