Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Favorite Honorverse relationships?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Honorverse relationships?
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:06 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:
You were either held too much as a baby or not enough! :lol:

Au contraire, ma petite! You can blame the fact that I first discovered Harlequin romance novels at the tender age of thirteen and have been manufacturing Cupid's arrows ever since. :mrgreen:

Harlequin romance?
Oh no. :o
ALL of my sisters have tons of those things squirreled away in footlockers.

And the one sister is concerned that her 12 year-old daughter has discovered her stash! :lol:

Even I like them!

Honey, I write them.

...I did mention that, right?

...just keep her away from the Blaze, Desire, and Presents lines. Harlequin Romance, Harlequin American Romance, and Harlequin Special Edition are probably safe.

......the fact that I know this bothers me slightly. But not really. :P
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:24 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:

Au contraire, ma petite! You can blame the fact that I first discovered Harlequin romance novels at the tender age of thirteen and have been manufacturing Cupid's arrows ever since. :mrgreen:

Honey, I write them.

...just keep her away from the Blaze, Desire, and Presents lines. Harlequin Romance, Harlequin American Romance, and Harlequin Special Edition are probably safe.

I'm not certain you mentioned exactly what you write.
You just exactly mentioned that begging for some literatic nourishment probably wouldn't help.

I think you mentioned something exactly like the ink nor being dry yet.

Or the lines not ready to be served.

Something of the sort with same results :( :cry:

As far as sis, she doesn't want her to be vested in any of them which I personally don't understand.

Wait!

You write love stories and won't share?

Just what we need, a beautiful Grayson Princess that loves to tease.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:33 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

Honey, I write them.

I'm not certain you mentioned exactly what you write.
You just exactly mentioned that begging for some literatic nourishment probably wouldn't help.

I think you mentioned something exactly like the ink nor being dry yet.

Or the lines not ready to be served.

Something of the sort with same results :( :cry:

As far as sis, she doesn't want her to be vested in any of them which I personally don't understand.

Wait!

You write love stories and won't share?

Just what we need, a beautiful Grayson Princess that loves to tease.

Ah, here we go.

roseandheather wrote:Yes, I do, and no, I won't. Not yet, anyway. :D

Surprisingly, they're not science fiction whatsoever - most of them are centered around veterinary medicine and take place in Canada's Northwest Territory. Though I am working on one about a bush pilot and a Presidential candidate... whose name may or may not be Eloise. :mrgreen:

(No, she's actually not an expy of Eloise Pritchart - I'm not that gauche. All they share is their name, a passion for serving their country, and an iron sense of integrity. But her name is certainly a sly nod to Haven's President!)

This isn't to say, though, that I'll never write science fiction romance... :lol: :P
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor Harrington and Miranda Lafollet.

Talk about coming highly recommended.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:00 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:Honor Harrington and Miranda Lafollet.

Talk about coming highly recommended.

*wails* Miranda!!

Honor and Katherine and Elaine Mayhew.
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Bluenoser   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Bluenoser
Ensign

Wow, so many to chose from even after all of the excellent choices offered up so far...

Let me see, for favourite romance that was tragically cut too short I would have to go with Scotty Tremaine and Carolyn Wolcott, I was really looking forward to seeing where that went.

For favourite protector-protectee we saw from its beginnings, I would have to give that one to Abigail Hearns and Mateo Gutierrez. While there are many to choose from, watching this one start from such a powerful beginning and a forlorn hope situation holds a special place in my heart.

On the best friends forever level one of my personal heartwarmers would be Berry and Ruth, especially for someone like Ruth, between her personal nature/personality and personal circumstances finding someone as good for her as Berry is one of those truly rare things in life, which is why it is one of my all time favourites in the whole of the Honorverse.

Lastly, for tragicly doomed yet true and faithful friendship for me there is only one choice, Herlander Simoes and Jack McBryde. I mean really, a friendship born from such pain, from such a dirty necessity on orders from above that turns into not only a true friendship of sacrifice but is also the foundations for one of the most traumatic reveals in galactic history? How can one not be taken by that one?

I tried to find choices that I felt were true for me that had not already been used by others, for many of the ones already listed in this thread I am also a major fan of. There are yet still others as well, for one of the reasons I am such a massive fan of David Weber and his works is that on top of the excellent world creation he does, on top of the detailed descriptions of the interrelationships of all involved from the personal to the international/interstellar levels of societies is how well he creates real human beings across the board as opposed to easy pop-up/cut-out secondary and even some primary characters that one alas finds too often in fiction.

For me Weber is as good a consistent favourite writer currently writing today, and in my top five of all writers I have ever encountered. Which given the literally thousands of writers I have read in my lifetime says a lot for just how highly I regard him, his works, and most of all his understanding of human nature and relationships. Is he perfect, of course not, but then the flaws/imperfections are what keep we humans interesting after all, something else he clearly grasps.

So here is my little contribution to this cast of thousands...LOL
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:49 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Okay, okay, you can spank me for this later but I'm only just now getting around to reading "From the Highlands" ( :oops: ) and. Um. Anton Zilwicki and Catherine Montaigne. Hullo. Just. Wow. Yes. Okay. I'm pretty sure I could hear the sizzle between them from Pluto.

(Also I love how the instant I mention my novel(s) aren't at all sci-fi related everyone immediately forgets they exist. Go figure. :P )
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Uroboros   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:53 am

Uroboros
Captain (Junior Grade)

Clan Butry. I wonder if we'll get to see more of the intrepid Ganny as she wanders the universe, whacking her wards into obedience and keeping them from doing anything too stupid. I thought the relationships she had with her clan were some of the best he wrote. Especially about Andrew Artlett explaining love to the younger generation. Bad poetry. We've all been there.

On a side note, why am I not surprised at all about you writing romance novels, roseandheather? We're changing your name here to USPS, I think. If it fits, it ships. And nobody ships more than USPS.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:10 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Uroboros wrote:
On a side note, why am I not surprised at all about you writing romance novels, roseandheather? We're changing your name here to USPS, I think. If it fits, it ships. And nobody ships more than USPS.

You. Go sit in the corner. Now hang your head in shame. Good.

How many times must I say it?? I don't ship without a reason!! (Though I suppose "If it fits, it ships" covers that end of things.)

...the fact that I can come up with an awful lot of reasons for an awful lot of ships is wholly, totally, and entirely beside the point. *sticks nose in air*
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by KNick   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:02 am

KNick
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:<<SNIP>>
(Also I love how the instant I mention my novel(s) aren't at all sci-fi related everyone immediately forgets they exist. Go figure. :P )

No. The reason I ignored them is You refused to share.
*sticks own nose in the air*
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!

Return to Honorverse