Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 44 guests

The great treecat migration...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The great treecat migration...
Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:23 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

--quick snip--
dscott8 wrote:I agree with the defensive options cited, it's the two-legs role in the partnership to protect 'cats from two-leg threats...

I suspect that the 'cats themselves will spread out to Star Empire and Grand Alliance worlds, stake out new ranges and establish new clans on planets like Torch, Sidemore, Montana and Haven. Manticore would provide these planets with model laws for treecat protection.
Montana seems like a good location for a migration, and I can't see Stephan Westman et. al all that opposed to it.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Re: The great treecat migration...
Post by Tail Twitcher   » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Tail Twitcher
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Somtaaw wrote:
Tail Twitcher wrote:From this I presume the cats have instigated it; I mean they didn't ask with Grayson, they just did it.

Perhaps they would do the same again.

They have lots of sneakiness. I could see them a time or two repeating what they did.

Sure eventually they may want an official colony; but I can't help think that their tendancies to sneaky is part of their arboureal DNA.

'A great migration' just wouldn't be sneaky.

Sorry not to answer your post as you requested, but it seems unlikely in the current climate they would ask that.

Well the Grayson colony was also 'founded' something like 10 T-years prior to treecat's being able to talk to humans. It was done prior to Honor taking her heavy cruiser command that led to her capture, and Hades experiences. Wasn't until she'd gotten back, which was somewhere between 3 and 5 years just for the Battle of Hades and capture of SS transports + hyper trips to get back to San Martin, let alone anywhere else. Then time for Allison to figure it out, contacting and waiting for whats-her-name from Honor's experiences in Basilisk, yadda yadda figure it out.

So there was a large differential in both time, and mindsets in regards to treecats. At the point in time of the books, the treecats quite literally can ask for where the two-legs would suggest they setup shop.

True, but it doesn't negate what I said. They didn't try to communicate, they just did it; they may not have learnt to sign, but Nimitz could certainly have let Honor know something was up, or attempt to. He didn't until just before; so he may not have known too far in advance which meant his sneaky breatherin were being... well sneaky. :lol:

They're sneaky... Sensibly so as they are the only known telempaths, and are small, cute and furry; discovering after the fact, that they are not to be trifled with is small consolation.

Return to Honorverse