Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 44 guests

Power Cupid Question Hour

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Power Cupid Question Hour
Post by TheGlyphstone   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:34 pm

TheGlyphstone
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Weren't people pairing up Scotty Tremaine and Shannon Foraker at one point? Whatever happened to that?

Regarding the impossible love of Eloise and Tom, I think the answer is pretty obvious...later. She's not going to be President forever, not if she wants to prove the Republic is truly something other than Legislaturalists 2.0, so there will come a time when she steps down/loses an election. And when she does, if Tom has been patiently waiting for her (and her for him, I guess), then everyone walks away happy.
Post by Hutch   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:The Ones I Really Love:

* Estelle Matsuko/Augustus Khumalo
* Abigail Hearns/Michael Oversteegen
* Lester Tourville/Michelle Henke
* Sonja Hemphill/Shannon Foraker
* Allen Higgins/Eternal Happiness

The Interesting Possibilities

* Michael Oversteegen/Michelle Henke
* Abigail Hearns/Warner Caslet
* Thomas Theisman/Eloise Pritchart
* Thomas Theisman/Michelle Henke
* Allen Higgins/Molly DeLaney
* Warner Caslet/Andrea Jaruwalski
* Estelle Matsuko/Amandine Corvisart
* Allen Higgins/Andrea Jaruwalski

The "What Crack Are You Smoking??"

* Allen Higgins/Thomas Theisman
* Allen Higgins/Me
* Honor Harrington/Estelle Matsuko
* Eloise Pritchart/Elizabeth Winton
* Helen Zilwicki/Bernardus Van Dort

I've probably forgotten a few, but that's about all the ones I can round up for now. :D

Interesting possibilities there, rose, but I'm afraid that Amadine Corvisart got blown up with the crews of Chatterjee's destroyers at New Tuscany.

And what about Mercedes Brigham? In her position, she'll be around the Havenite Navy folks a lot more than Mike will, since she's halfway across known space in Mesa (and probably lots more interesting places from after that). Just hard to have a romance when the parties are operating several hundred light years from each other (because why would you have two fleet commanders together, their fleets will be operating on different missions).
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Amaroq wrote:
cthia wrote:
Don't forget Gwen Archer and Helga Boltitz. She's attractive with beautiful blue eyes. He's got flaming red hair with green eyes. There are dark-skinned blondes, and dark-skinned redheads in the Honorverse. These two will probably produce something exotic even for the Honorverse. A flaming redheaded darkskinned orange eyed cutting accent of a female spitfire.

Orange-eyed? Where is that coming from? Lol.

I kinda got the hots for beautiful, exotic looking aliens. Chiana on Farscape had lovely eyes. The producers didn't seem to be able to settle on their look, which, for a few episodes, the whites of her eyes had an orange tint. Beautiful. Especially as accessories to that exotic pale-blue skin. She was an accomplished thief and she stole my heart her first episode. And never gave it back. What a babe.

I just thought it'd look good in the Honorverse, on a darkskinned redhead. Gimme her!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

Hutch wrote:And what about Mercedes Brigham? In her position, she'll be around the Havenite Navy folks a lot more than Mike will, since she's halfway across known space in Mesa (and probably lots more interesting places from after that). Just hard to have a romance when the parties are operating several hundred light years from each other (because why would you have two fleet commanders together, their fleets will be operating on different missions).

I always said Mercedes and Admiral Yu.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:46 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Commodore Oakius wrote:
Hutch wrote:And what about Mercedes Brigham? In her position, she'll be around the Havenite Navy folks a lot more than Mike will, since she's halfway across known space in Mesa (and probably lots more interesting places from after that). Just hard to have a romance when the parties are operating several hundred light years from each other (because why would you have two fleet commanders together, their fleets will be operating on different missions).

I always said Mercedes and Admiral Yu.

......how did that one slip through the cracks?? That's another one I'm 10000% behind.

Hutch wrote:Interesting possibilities there, rose, but I'm afraid that Amadine Corvisart got blown up with the crews of Chatterjee's destroyers at New Tuscany.

Oh, believe me, I know that. Know it, have been traumatized by it, etc. I'm not saying it should happen; I'm saying it did. :twisted:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by exiledtoIA   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 pm

exiledtoIA
Lieutenant Commander

How about Shannon Foraker and Michael Oversteegan?
While Sonja/Shannon would be fun I think Shannon is still a TacWitch at heart. Dreaming up new toys is fun but I think she would be drawn to someone who would get the best out of them.

roseandheather wrote:So I know (because my inbox tells me so) that more than one of you are rather intrigued as to why I think two characters should be together romantically, albeit mostly in the "what crack are you smoking?" sense.

So I thought I'd provide a place for you to ask. :mrgreen:

Pick a pairing, any pairing. Ask why I support it. Ask why I don't. Ask if I'm crazy, with the forewarning that the answer is probably 'yes'.

Please. Proceed to take shameless advantage of my romance-infected brain. 8-)
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:35 am

roseandheather
Admiral

exiledtoIA wrote:How about Shannon Foraker and Michael Oversteegan?
While Sonja/Shannon would be fun I think Shannon is still a TacWitch at heart. Dreaming up new toys is fun but I think she would be drawn to someone who would get the best out of them.

....wow, that's an interesting combination, and one I certainly never thought of before - I tend to think of Michael as a fairly traditional 'gentleman' type, which is why I think he's such a good fit for Abigail Hearns, but I think Shannon might be able to bring that tenderness out in him, too.

I don't know how, exactly, they'd get a chance to meet, since Michael is off playing "chase the mice" with Mike Henke and Shannon is holed up at Bolthole with Sonja (and Goddammit, I still want them to be the Honorverse's first in-focus lesbian power couple!), but if they did, I think he would have a profound respect for her genius and sympathy for what she had to go through back during the Hades days with Cordelia Ransom.

I also don't know how she would feel about him - yes, he's a brilliant tactician, but his innate sense of aristocratic privilege might be something that would put her off.

All told, I think they'd make a very interesting match. :mrgreen:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by exiledtoIA   » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:53 am

exiledtoIA
Lieutenant Commander

True Oversteegan believes in aristocratic privilege but he also believes that with power comes responsibility. Can't you imagine the fun those two could have discovering that in many ways they believe in the same things, just with different words.

roseandheather wrote:
exiledtoIA wrote:How about Shannon Foraker and Michael Oversteegan?

....wow, that's an interesting combination, and one I certainly never thought of before - I tend to think of Michael as a fairly traditional 'gentleman' type, which is why I think he's such a good fit for Abigail Hearns, but I think Shannon might be able to bring that tenderness out in him, too.

I don't know how, exactly, they'd get a chance to meet, since Michael is off playing "chase the mice" with Mike Henke and Shannon is holed up at Bolthole with Sonja (and Goddammit, I still want them to be the Honorverse's first in-focus lesbian power couple!), but if they did, I think he would have a profound respect for her genius and sympathy for what she had to go through back during the Hades days with Cordelia Ransom.

I also don't know how she would feel about him - yes, he's a brilliant tactician, but his innate sense of aristocratic privilege might be something that would put her off.

All told, I think they'd make a very interesting match. :mrgreen:
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:07 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

TheGlyphstone wrote:Weren't people pairing up Scotty Tremaine and Shannon Foraker at one point? Whatever happened to that?

Regarding the impossible love of Eloise and Tom, I think the answer is pretty obvious...later. She's not going to be President forever, not if she wants to prove the Republic is truly something other than Legislaturalists 2.0, so there will come a time when she steps down/loses an election. And when she does, if Tom has been patiently waiting for her (and her for him, I guess), then everyone walks away happy.

I'm pretty sure Scotty/Shannon stopped because every time anyone brought it up I would immediately make a lot of noise about how Shannon is Sonja's soulmate. :mrgreen: 8-) But yes, that is one other people have floated around - it's just never one I've got on the bandwagon for.

Regarding Eloise and Tom.... yes, I can see them getting together after her Presidency is over, particularly given that she still needs quite a bit of time to heal from The Event of Which We Do Not Speak. In fact, aside from "having a relationship and doing it very quietly so no one outside the GA's inner circle has a clue", that's the most likely route I think their relationship will take.

Unfortunately, that doesn't erase my fundamental uncertainty regarding this pairing, which is: Can Eloise Pritchart fall in love again, or has she had the one great love of her life and will never be interested in another? Which is a question, I think, only RFC can answer. I used to not be able to bear the thought of Eloise being alone for the rest of her life, but then I remembered.... there's no way she could be. Javier loves her. And then I began to wonder if she would ever want to feel that way about anyone, ever again.

Oh, future, how much mystery you hold!!
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Amaroq   » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Hmm, I'll go with a more canon couple (or almost-canon)...why do Gwen and Helga work Rose?
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to Honorverse