Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

Leather Bound HOTQ

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Leather Bound HOTQ
Post by Cartref   » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 am

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:
Tel Comzac wrote:I wish I could find some news on exactly what is planned? I've been working on finding the hardcovers. I've purchased 18 so far, including the first two leather and have the third on order, but mostly the side series and compilations so far. If i knew "for sure" the main series was all coming out in leather I would stop buying used books and just wait for 'em. I really don't want to end up with $100 dollars in used books I'm going to end up replacing! (I know, I'm cheap).

My current understanding is that Baen will do at least the first 5 books in leather, signed, limited editions. I believe the number per edition (I did say it was "limited," didn't I?) is set at 1,000 copies. One of the limiters on the total numbers is the smashed up nature of my right wrist, which is getting worse as I get older and the arthritis gets its teeth further into all those broken-up-and-patched-together bone fragments, plates, screws, and bits of wire. I think Baen would like to do the entire series of novels this way, but I don't know what the logistics on that would be and I [I]do/I] know that nor hard and fast decision has been made.

Hope that helps.

May you right wrist last for a long time and may your hop of releasing all your books this way come true too.

I have a lovely colloection and hope to see it grow more over the coming years.

Cheers
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:57 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Thanks for the info rfc. I hope to get my copy of the leatherbopund OBS later this year, (family getting it for me from England), as unfortunately for me, normal shipping would have cost more than the book and signing fee combined, but I hope to be able to get the leatherbound HOTQ and the rest too. :)

runsforcelery wrote:
Tel Comzac wrote:I wish I could find some news on exactly what is planned? I've been working on finding the hardcovers. I've purchased 18 so far, including the first two leather and have the third on order, but mostly the side series and compilations so far. If i knew "for sure" the main series was all coming out in leather I would stop buying used books and just wait for 'em. I really don't want to end up with $100 dollars in used books I'm going to end up replacing! (I know, I'm cheap).

My current understanding is that Baen will do at least the first 5 books in leather, signed, limited editions. I believe the number per edition (I did say it was "limited," didn't I?) is set at 1,000 copies. One of the limiters on the total numbers is the smashed up nature of my right wrist, which is getting worse as I get older and the arthritis gets its teeth further into all those broken-up-and-patched-together bone fragments, plates, screws, and bits of wire. I think Baen would like to do the entire series of novels this way, but I don't know what the logistics on that would be and I [I]do/I] know that nor hard and fast decision has been made.

Hope that helps.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Greymantle   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Greymantle
Midshipman

What i would like to know is how to get a copy of this. i ordered on both on Chapters and Amazon. Neither was able to get one for me, though Amazon kept promising delivery any day now for near a month.

I have tried searching for "used" copies to no avial. I was able to get both OBS & ASVW in the leatherbound quite easily.
Post by kzt   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:56 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Greymantle wrote:What i would like to know is how to get a copy of this. i ordered on both on Chapters and Amazon. Neither was able to get one for me, though Amazon kept promising delivery any day now for near a month.

I have tried searching for "used" copies to no avial. I was able to get both OBS & ASVW in the leatherbound quite easily.

Don't know, my copy just showed up.
Post by Lebrown87   » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:44 am

Lebrown87
Ensign

I've been looking for a copy too. My biggest hope is a fellow forumite has a spare copy I can buy off them.
Post by Greymantle   » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Greymantle
Midshipman

kzt wrote:Don't know, my copy just showed up.

Honor of the Queen ? Or A Short victorious war?

If HotQ , where did you get it from please? :shock:
Post by kzt   » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:04 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Greymantle wrote:

Amazon!
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:24 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

kzt wrote:
Greymantle wrote:

Amazon!

Which now lists it as sold out.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by clancy688   » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:21 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

Thank God I ordered my copies of all three books months in advance. ^^;

1000 copies doesn't sound like a big number if there's people from all over the world trying to get them...

So I have three books which are one out of a thousand each? Very cool. :D
Post by dreamrider   » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:24 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

clancy688 wrote:Thank God I ordered my copies of all three books months in advance. ^^;

1000 copies doesn't sound like a big number if there's people from all over the world trying to get them...

So I have three books which are one out of a thousand each? Very cool. :D

Continue to hide your identity with care!
:twisted:

dreamrider

Return to Honorverse