Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Anton, Victor, Damien, & ... Charles?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Anton, Victor, Damien, & ... Charles?
Post by saber964   » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:52 pm

saber964
Admiral

Well if we're going to have a who's who of interstellar spy's. Let's toss in a few more.

The list so far and the star nation they represent.
Anton Zilwicki SEM
Victor Cachat RH
Jacques Chou RB

New ones

Jiri Wantanabi RMy
Yana Shricovna SKT
Ruth Winton SKT/SEM

Independent contractor
Ganny El
Post by jtg452   » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:21 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

saber964 wrote:Well if we're going to have a who's who of interstellar spy's. Let's toss in a few more.

Anton Zilwicki SEM
Victor Cachat RH
Jacques Chou RB

New ones

Jiri Wantanabi RMy
Yana Shricovna SKT
Ruth Winton SKT/SEM

Independent contractor
Ganny El

Yana and Ruth aren't up to that level.

Ruth isn't a field operator (kinda hard to be one when you call the Empress of the SEM 'Aunt Beth').

Yana, on the other hand is fine in the field but doesn't have the chops at analysis and planning.
Post by ldwechsler   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:46 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

jtg452 wrote:
saber964 wrote:Well if we're going to have a who's who of interstellar spy's. Let's toss in a few more.

Anton Zilwicki SEM
Victor Cachat RH
Jacques Chou RB

New ones

Jiri Wantanabi RMy
Yana Shricovna SKT
Ruth Winton SKT/SEM

Independent contractor
Ganny El

Ruth isn't a field operator (kinda hard to be one when you call the Empress of the SEM 'Aunt Beth').

Yana, on the other hand is fine in the field but doesn't have the chops at analysis and planning.

Who exactly is Charles?
Post by ksandgren   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:03 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

ldwechsler wrote:
Who exactly is Charles?

Charles is Sinead Terekov's brother who appears in SOV.
Post by JohnRoth   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:10 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Anton Zilwicki SEM
Victor Cachat RH
Jacques Chou RB

New ones

Jiri Wantanabi RMy
Yana Shricovna SKT
Ruth Winton SKT/SEM

Independent contractor
Ganny El

jtg452 wrote:Yana and Ruth aren't up to that level.

ldwechsler wrote:Who exactly is Charles?

Charles is a lead character in a couple of anthology stories who seems to be an interstellar purveyor of military technology snake oil, an agent provocateur or something else. His origin, sponsors, goals or whatever are never mentioned. There's been some speculation that he may be an agent of the MAlign, but these stories occurred (IIRC) before we knew about the MAlign.
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:41 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:
ldwechsler wrote:Who exactly is Charles?

Charles is a lead character in a couple of anthology stories who seems to be an interstellar purveyor of military technology snake oil, an agent provocateur or something else. His origin, sponsors, goals or whatever are never mentioned. There's been some speculation that he may be an agent of the MAlign, but these stories occurred (IIRC) before we knew about the MAlign.

To add to that, Charles appears in "With One Stone", by Timothy Zahn.
Post by cthia   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

As I said before, I'd like such an awesome assemblage of personalities to meet under the roof of one Parricia Givens over at ONI, while pooling and cross referencing tactics, tidbits and resources.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:08 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

jtg452 wrote:

Anton Zilwicki SEM
Victor Cachat RH
Jacques Chou RB

New ones

Jiri Wantanabi RMy
Yana Shricovna SKT
Ruth Winton SKT/SEM

Independent contractor
Ganny El

Yes, but regarding Yana, sometimes 'Out of the mouth of babes.'

Perhaps the RMN needs to pull out all the stops regarding the MAlign to get intelligence.* It's a time critical moment calling for critical measures. ALL SPARE HANDS -- err spy hands -- ON DECK!

*Short of the terror tactics campaign authorized by Bush Jr. that seriously tainted the US's reputation

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ldwechsler   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:24 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:
JohnRoth wrote:

Are we all dealing with the same Charles. I know it is an uncommon name (smirk) but he seems to be either Terekhov' brother in law or a MAlign agent. Dubious that he be both. Actually, almost impossible.

And having a real lot of intelligence agents together does not multiply the brain power; it usually divides it. Keep in mind Zilwicki and Cachat have found out far more about what's happening on Mesa than all the others combined.

You'd think there would be a few agents along the way, but that seems not to be the case.
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:55 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:

ldwechsler wrote:Are we all dealing with the same Charles. I know it is an uncommon name (smirk) but he seems to be either Terekhov' brother in law or a MAlign agent. Dubious that he be both. Actually, almost impossible.

And having a real lot of intelligence agents together does not multiply the brain power; it usually divides it. Keep in mind Zilwicki and Cachat have found out far more about what's happening on Mesa than all the others combined.

You'd think there would be a few agents along the way, but that seems not to be the case.

Since we're talking about secret agents, it never occurred to me that there was any other Charles than the one who sold a fake super-weapon to the Peeps, and then tried to foment an interstellar incident with the Andermani. I doubt Terehkov's brother has that kind of chops.

Return to Honorverse