Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Honorverse ramblings and musings

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse ramblings and musings
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:50 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I wonder if Honor and Emily will contribute their genes to their third child of their marriage?

I am sure Honor's fellow steadholders will want more children for her succession. I can see Honor wanting to find a way to gently or not so gently push back against their demands. I am positive Allison can manage that to the satisfaction of all three parents.

Assuming Javier and Eloise have have made their gametes available to produce children, the next arc can very well pay gentle homage to the Three Musketeers. I can see such a child come to be with Allison's help and raised by Kevin and Ginny Usher with the able assistance of Uncle Victor and Aunt Thandi. This assumes Eloise dies in UH. If she lives, she will raise the child herself.

The three Manticoran/Grayson musketeers joining forces with the Scion of Haven to combat Beowulf's dragon like nemesis, the MAlign. What I shall be curious to discover is what or who RFC sees as representing the Beowulf of legend. Will it be Honor that dies defeating the MAlign with the assistance of her three musketeers alone, forsaken by her allies? Or will Beowulf itself be shattered defeating the MAlign? Maybe Beowulf itself will remain, but their moral code will shattered in the process of destroying the MAlign?

Where will this story take us and who will take us there? Inquiring minds simply cannot wait to find out!

Ps. Does this idea meet with your approval, Rose?
Post by Dauntless   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:44 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

while i'm sure a third child from honor's marriage would be welcomed by all, the third musketeer should really be the child of mike henke.

of course given that most of the shippers on this forum are trying to set her up with lester tourville this could be hard to arrange.
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I can see Mike's child entering the picture a bit later in the next arc. He or she will be younger, likely quite a bit younger. I can see Roger and Rivka having an heir only a year or two younger than Raoul and Katherine. I can also see Sir Aivars and Sinaed having another child pretty soon.

So of our main characters so far I like Eloise and Javier best to be represented by a child in the beginning of the next arc in addition to Raoul and Katherine. Next is a child incorporating Hamish, Emily and Honor's genetics. Third and fourth are Roger and Rivka's child and then Aivars' and Sinaed's. The last two are a toss up really. Either way works in its own fashion.
Post by saber964   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:31 pm

saber964
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:I can see Mike's child entering the picture a bit later in the next arc. He or she will be younger, likely quite a bit younger. I can see Roger and Rivka having an heir only a year or two younger than Raoul and Katherine. I can also see Sir Aivars and Sinaed having another child pretty soon.

So of our main characters so far I like Eloise and Javier best to be represented by a child in the beginning of the next arc in addition to Raoul and Katherine. Next is a child incorporating Hamish, Emily and Honor's genetics. Third and fourth are Roger and Rivka's child and then Aivars' and Sinaed's. The last two are a toss up really. Either way works in its own fashion.

If you want baby making speculation how about the following.

Berry and Hugh
Ginny and Kevin
Thandi an Victor
Samantha and Nimitz
Eloise and Thomas
Estelle and Augustus
Helen and Paolo
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:30 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Speaking of Jason, Achilles, Andromeda and Cassandra, I wonder just much of Raoul and Katherine's education they will pick up? They will be learning about human technology and history at the same time as Honor's kids. They will be taught just as human kids and they will have Raoul's deeper connection to help them understand. While older 'cats might have problems integrating that understanding, these youngsters will have no direct experience to limit their understanding of these human concepts.

They are why I suspect there will be 4 youngsters beginning the next arc. Four human and four treecat youngsters to carry the story forward.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:45 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

saber964 wrote:

Berry and Hugh
Ginny and Kevin
Thandi an Victor
Samantha and Nimitz
Eloise and Thomas
Estelle and Augustus
Helen and Paolo

I APPROVE THIS POST
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:52 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:I wonder if Honor and Emily will contribute their genes to their third child of their marriage?

I am sure Honor's fellow steadholders will want more children for her succession. I can see Honor wanting to find a way to gently or not so gently push back against their demands. I am positive Allison can manage that to the satisfaction of all three parents.

Assuming Javier and Eloise have have made their gametes available to produce children, the next arc can very well pay gentle homage to the Three Musketeers. I can see such a child come to be with Allison's help and raised by Kevin and Ginny Usher with the able assistance of Uncle Victor and Aunt Thandi. This assumes Eloise dies in UH. If she lives, she will raise the child herself.

The three Manticoran/Grayson musketeers joining forces with the Scion of Haven to combat Beowulf's dragon like nemesis, the MAlign. What I shall be curious to discover is what or who RFC sees as representing the Beowulf of legend. Will it be Honor that dies defeating the MAlign with the assistance of her three musketeers alone, forsaken by her allies? Or will Beowulf itself be shattered defeating the MAlign? Maybe Beowulf itself will remain, but their moral code will shattered in the process of destroying the MAlign?

Where will this story take us and who will take us there? Inquiring minds simply cannot wait to find out!

Ps. Does this idea meet with your approval, Rose?

Well, I certainly approve of the idea of a Havenite "next gen" kid joining Raoul and Katherine to help take down the MAlign! Haven has been there from the very beginning and they deserve to be part and parcel of taking the MA down.

I'm not sure the relevant youngster will be Javier's offspring (though obviously I would cry buckets if it was) - but I could easily see that youngster being Eloise's child. Or Theisman's (or both's :mrgreen: ).

If we're talking more than three - which would make sense, given the number of throughline POV characters the current arc had - I could easily see Lester and Michelle's kid joining in on the fun, and then obviously we'd need a Beowulfer as well. I'd love to see Augustus and Estelle's daughter (her name is Mandie, short for Amandine - ask me about her sometime!) leading things in the Quadrant too, and though I suspect Roger and Rivka will wait awhile to have children, a precocious pre-teen royal would always be a fun time. :mrgreen: And then, of course, we'd need a scientific genius for the GA - I think Sonja and Shannon's progeny would fit the bill superbly, don't you? :twisted:

(I have ideas, I have lots of ideas! :lol: )
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Weird Harold   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:and though I suspect Roger and Rivka will wait awhile to have children, a precocious pre-teen royal would always be a fun time. :mrgreen: And then, of course, we'd need a scientific genius for the GA - I think Sonja and Shannon's progeny would fit the bill superbly, don't you? :twisted:

I wonder who Princess Ruth will pair up with? Her offspring could do both the "Royal" and "Genius" roles combined.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:38 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
saber964 wrote:

Berry and Hugh
Ginny and Kevin
Thandi an Victor
Samantha and Nimitz
Eloise and Thomas
Estelle and Augustus
Helen and Paolo

I APPROVE THIS POST

Nonsense! Estelle Matsuko and Stephen Westman
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:52 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
Nonsense! Estelle Matsuko and Stephen Westman

....what drugs are you on and where can i get some

but more to the point

what drugs are you on
~*~

Javier & Eloise

Return to Honorverse