Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

Anti missile option.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Anti missile option.
Post by wastedfly   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 pm

wastedfly
Commodore

You cannot jam Telemetry relay at Honorverse missile speeds. Period.

There is this little thing called doppler shift...

Clearing the noise out from the true signal would be trivial. Of course we have canon that dragons teeth work, even though it is trivial to simply ignore all new signal points as false images as DW write they just "suddenly appear". :roll:
Post by Dafmeister   » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:31 am

Dafmeister
Commodore

R&D version or not, can the Crippler engage more than one target at a time, and what's the recycle time?
Post by Somtaaw   » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:04 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

wastedfly wrote:You cannot jam Telemetry relay at Honorverse missile speeds. Period.

There is this little thing called doppler shift...

Clearing the noise out from the true signal would be trivial. Of course we have canon that dragons teeth work, even though it is trivial to simply ignore all new signal points as false images as DW write they just "suddenly appear". :roll:

Except cannon also dictates Dragon's Teeth NEVER operate alone, they operate in tandem with Dazzlers.

Dazzler's fire and temporarily blind your sensors, so those 100% "we know EXACTLY where those missiles are!" becomes "we KNEW where those missiles WERE", and since the missiles are still actively maneuvering and shifting, you are no longer 100% certain.

And before your sensors can recover from having... I believe textev says something about "as powerful as the sun" suddenly beaming into your sensors... the Dragon's Teeth spin up and you're now facing entire pods worth (10+) missiles for every. single. Dragon's Teeth missile.

Take it like this.... I'm running at you with a shotgun, and you have a single shot 'holdout' pistol. You can't afford to waste your shot, so you have to wait until I get real close. Right before I think you're about to use it, I turn a flashlight on that has a million lumens, and turn on a few holograms... doesn't matter that holograms currently aren't that realistic. You're still blinded from the flashlight, and you're pretty much guessing which is the real me, and wondering where the *&^% those extra copies came from.

By themselves, each are individually not that amazing, together they're stunning and effective.

Return to Honorverse