Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

Scary DNA, PD1950 ish for fun.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Scary DNA, PD1950 ish for fun.
Post by SharkHunter   » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:52 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Speculation:

Peace has broken out in the Galaxy and folks are getting together on Manticore with their college age students and said students look at each other, hearts begin to a-flutter and now Raoul is dating... Palane/Cachat female offspring... Nuptials happen, babies made and here's the babysitters:

Grandma(s) Palane and Grandma HHA Harrington, aided and abetted by Emily, Allison, etc. Grandpas include Hamish, Black Victor, aided and abetted by Alfred, with godfathers including.... Anton Zilwicki and Kevin Usher. Auntie Ruth fills in on occasion when she's got time. Escapades bankrolled of course by Cathy M.

Is that a fun/scary proposition or what?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Re: Scary DNA, PD1950 ish for fun.
Post by Hutch   » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

And treecats. Don't forget the treecats.

With frequent visits from honorary Uncle Scotty, Uncle Horace and Auntie Iris, Uncle Aivars, Auntie Mike, Auntie Helen, and Auntie Abby.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by SharkHunter   » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:44 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Hutch wrote:And treecats. Don't forget the treecats.

With frequent visits from honorary Uncle Scotty, Uncle Horace and Auntie Iris, Uncle Aivars, Auntie Mike, Auntie Helen, and Auntie Abby.
Shocked I say, I am shocked. The rest of those folks (except maybe Horace and possibly Mike), might help Hamish try to bring up the whiz kids all naval proper like and everything!

Zero fun. Then there would be no way to give them grandpappies and mammies insomnia not to mention possibly grey hair! and der momma and der poppa a serious case of "what tricks will the extended families teach them next? Galactic overthrow, piffle! we're trying to trick a Zilwicki!"
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Hutch   » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:Shocked I say, I am shocked. The rest of those folks (except maybe Horace and possibly Mike), might help Hamish try to bring up the whiz kids all naval proper like and everything!

Proper? Proper?!?! Scotty "Fighter Jock and Grabbing Senior Officers to prevent them from Murder" Tremaine?
Iris "I used to beat up your Grandma" Babcock? Aivars "Did I mention the time I blew up an entire system government?" Therekov? Helen "Let me show you how I killed four men barehanded" Zilwicki? And Abagail "Let me tell you about all the ships and space staions I've boarded and pirates I've killed" Hearns? Proper? :D

Zero fun. Then there would be no way to give them grandpappies and mammies insomnia not to mention possibly grey hair! and der momma and der poppa a serious case of "what tricks will the extended families teach them next? Galactic overthrow, piffle! we're trying to trick a Zilwicki!"

And don't forget the periodic visits from Special Aunties Eloise and Elizabeth and Cousin Jacques...
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by svenhauke   » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:55 pm

svenhauke
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

i got a treecat

the treecat got me

its ok

now how do we get manticoore to listen ?
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:50 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Hutch wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:Shocked I say, I am shocked. The rest of those folks (except maybe Horace and possibly Mike), might help Hamish try to bring up the whiz kids all naval proper like and everything!

Proper? Proper?!?! Scotty "Fighter Jock and Grabbing Senior Officers to prevent them from Murder" Tremaine?
Iris "I used to beat up your Grandma" Babcock? Aivars "Did I mention the time I blew up an entire system government?" Therekov? Helen "Let me show you how I killed four men barehanded" Zilwicki? And Abagail "Let me tell you about all the ships and space staions I've boarded and pirates I've killed" Hearns? Proper? :D

And don't forget the periodic visits from Special Aunties Eloise and Elizabeth and Cousin Jacques...

Good points Hutch, and your subtitles for each totally cracked me up!! Depends on how much starch got put into their shirts in the meantime, importance o maintaining proper Naval Displine etc. vs. the wrecking crews...
---------------------
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:49 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

*rockets into thread so fast a jet accidentally takes off in the slipstream*

No, I don't have a pet theory about Khumalo and Matsuko's daughter marrying Raoul Alexander-Harrington, why do you ask?

I also don't have a pet theory of said daughter growing up chatting about her "Auntie Honor" and "Auntie Michelle".

Just like I don't have a pet theory about Abigail and Michael's numerous offspring having Honor Harrington as an honorary grandmother.

And I definitely don't have a theory involving the Alexander-Harrington children growing up calling a particular pair of Havenites "Uncle Tom" and "Auntie Eloise". Particularly as their Uncle Lester is married to their mom's best friend.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by saber964   » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 pm

saber964
Admiral

How about the influence of the hoard of treecats hanging around White Haven and Bay House. Remember Faith sliding down the banister in MoH. She started doing that after watching several treecats tobogganing down it.
Post by SharkHunter   » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:08 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:*rockets into thread so fast a jet accidentally takes off in the slipstream*

No, I don't have a pet theory about Khumalo and Matsuko's daughter marrying Raoul Alexander-Harrington, why do you ask?

I also don't have a pet theory of said daughter growing up chatting about her "Auntie Honor" and "Auntie Michelle".

Just like I don't have a pet theory about Abigail and Michael's numerous offspring having Honor Harrington as an honorary grandmother.

And I definitely don't have a theory involving the Alexander-Harrington children growing up calling a particular pair of Havenites "Uncle Tom" and "Auntie Eloise". Particularly as their Uncle Lester is married to their mom's best friend.
Well now. we can't have the Cachat/Palane/Harrington terrors alone in their parental nerve wracking adventures... So we get Eloise hooked up with sumbuddy wunderful, Augustus and Matsuko of course, so we got us some grandparently types, kids meet, go goofy with them hitch'em up hormones, and now we have with Kevin and Ginny to bring 'em up in the terrorize the extended family a little bit, Lester on the side..... Hmmm who else can we toss in to make the family sweat on "what will these freakin' genius kids with battle wits do next?"

AKA join the fun! it's been mighty quiet in the Haven quadrant for a while... need some scary DNA out there to wake folks up.

p.s. just don't expect them to win at arm-wrestling with the Torch/Manticore duo's grandkid. Not.A.Good.Idea.
---------------------
Post by Erls   » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:38 am

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

Raoul will bond with a 'cat before he hits puberty. Said 'cat will be with him during the creation of his offspring. Said 'cat is also extremely feisty and happens to toss a little of his own DNA into the genetic mix.

End result: The created super child ends up with a 'cats telepathic and emphatic sense. And, as its a female, also ends up being the first human Clan Singer.

*BOOM* goes the dynamite. Move of Detweiler clan, this genetic monstrosity is going to rain on your parade. Hardcore.

Return to Honorverse