Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

What happend to

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
What happend to
Post by Dauntless   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:40 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

been discussing in another thread a ship that hasn't been seen in the books for a long time and i was wondering about some other of the notable ships.

what happend to the apollo. last seen in Field of Dishonour with Andres Venzous taking command from Alice Truman

also Madrigal, after her actions in Yeltsin in HotQ i'd be amazed if it wasn't replaced.

Hawkwing: after scarificing itself to stop the peep commace op in Book 6, i would have though it had earned another ship to carry the legacy forward.
Re: What happend to
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:06 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

--snip sic edits mine--
Dauntless wrote:been discussing in another thread a ship that hasn't been seen in the books for a long time and i was wondering about some other of the notable ships.

What happened to the HMS Apollo, last seen in Field of Dishonour with Andres Venizuelos taking command from Alice Truman?

Also Madrigal, after her actions in Yeltsin in HotQ i'd be amazed if it wasn't replaced.

Hawkwing: after sacrificing itself to stop the peep commerce op in Book 6, i would have though it had earned another ship to carry the legacy forward.
I think after Venezuelos, the ship was either destroyed in a screen in an order of battle, or is still serving in Silesia, just with no notable actions. Short story anyone?

I'm all for Madrigal being made into a Ship of the List, with the state of the art DD always carrying the name. I've decided that in my voter universe, GSN or RMN is okay.

Hawkwing as a Ship of the List [SotL]. I like it, but I wonder "back story" how many RMN ships over the centuries also fought and died in similar actions, making the requirement for a "SotL" even higher.

Thoughts?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Dauntless   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:34 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

I can see you point about what happened to Hawkwing might have happend to several ships but the impression i got was that it was very rare for the RMN to loose a ship on Anti pirate. hence why such a fuss was made when the war madien (ms midshipwoman harrington) was almost killed.

hawking went up aginst heavey cruiser? to save a pasenger liner. the closaest I can rember before that is Helen Zilwicki (senior) and her command up aginst the peep raiders (CAs?) in the opening stages of the first war.

before that they don't say but i got the impression that last MAJOR losses to pirates was Saganami's fight in Nike.
Post by saber964   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:56 pm

saber964
Admiral

OK everyone the RMN has NO ship of the list. It has a List of Honor, ships name to be kept in permanent commission even if a ship has to be renamed while under construction
Post by stewart   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:00 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Dauntless wrote:been discussing in another thread a ship that hasn't been seen in the books for a long time and i was wondering about some other of the notable ships.

what happend to the apollo. last seen in Field of Dishonour with Andres Venzous taking command from Alice Truman

also Madrigal, after her actions in Yeltsin in HotQ i'd be amazed if it wasn't replaced.

Hawkwing: after scarificing itself to stop the peep commace op in Book 6, i would have though it had earned another ship to carry the legacy forward.

-----------------

I cannot find it right now, but the GSN named two of its new construction as Madrigal and Trubador.
RMN may have as well.
Not unusual -- the USN, Brit RN and French each have ships with the same or similar names.

-- Stewart
Post by Dauntless   » Fri May 01, 2015 4:40 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

now that you mention it i vaguely recall a scene in book 4 where mark brentworth points out the new construction. in particular the battle cruisers, which i think included a BC madrigal
Post by Joker41NAM   » Sat May 02, 2015 12:35 am

Joker41NAM
Ensign

stewart wrote:----------

I cannot find it right now, but the GSN named two of its new construction as Madrigal and Trubador.
RMN may have as well.
Not unusual -- the USN, Brit RN and French each have ships with the same or similar names.

-- Stewart

Troubadour did make the List of Honor, and a Medusa-class SD(P) by that name was McKeon's flagship at Sidemore.

Dauntless wrote:now that you mention it i vaguely recall a scene in book 4 where mark brentworth points out the new construction. in particular the battle cruisers, which i think included a BC madrigal

You're correct, GNS Madrigal was a Courvosier I-class BC.

Return to Honorverse