Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kzt and 35 guests

Forum member meetup at MANTICON

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Forum member meetup at MANTICON
Post by Neitz   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:56 pm

Neitz
BuNine

MANTICON will take place 22-24 May in Minnesota, with guests David Weber, Timothy Zahn, and Eric Flint, as well as Tom Pope and several other BuNine members presenting inside Honorverse information. At last count, we have registrants from six countries.

For HonorCon, forum members planned to meet up at the restaurant next door to the hotel, and certainly you'd be welcome to do something similar at MantiCon. However, if a group of you would like to take advantage of it, I can offer convention support by scheduling the meetup in the program and providing convention meeting space.

We can figure out a suitable time and place based on the number of people who post here that they would like to participate. You could also decide that you'd like to piggyback onto one of the already scheduled convention events. We can certainly arrange to give forum members their own table at the Saturday evening banquet spectacular.

An unstructured meetup is simple to arrange. However, if any forum member wants to do something more, and volunteers to moderate a panel about the David Weber forum, we can make that happen, too.

For that matter, if you have any panel idea, post it here! We can add it to the juicy list of programming under consideration.

And, by the way, the discounted pre-registration rate is available until 31 December. Memberships purchased after that will be at the at-the-door rate. So register now! http://manticon.org/registration/register-here
-
WESTMARCH
http://BatRon21.org

MANTICON IS COMING!
Re: Forum member meetup at MANTICON
Post by Hutch   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

I'd love to come, and the Minneapolis-St. Paul area is one I'd like to visit (all I've seen of it is the International Airport).

However, I will be spending the better part of a month in Australia/N Zealand earlier that year, so I will only have a pittance of leave left (unless I can manage to get sick that week), so maybe next time.

For the record, kzt, Jonathan S, dreamrider and myself had a convivial lunch (we even managed to keep kzt from going off on the Battle of Manticore) at the Bahama Breeze at Honorcon.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Honorverse