Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests

Honorverse Jeopardy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Jeopardy
Post by Amaroq   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:10 am

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Category: Exotic Fauna

These are the large, blood-sucking insects Honor and company encountered on Hades.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by Vince   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:45 am

Vince
Vice Admiral

Amaroq wrote:Category: Exotic Fauna

These are the large, blood-sucking insects Honor and company encountered on Hades.

What are shuttlesquitos?
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:16 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Category: Unfortunate Recipients

For 400 points

Aboard her first hyper-capable command Honor handed her first victory to this unfortunate recipient.

Amaroq wrote:
I'm not quite certain of the question. Do you mean the first hyper-capable vessel she commanded or was a crew-member on?

If it's the first vessel overall I would say "who is Commodore Dunecki aboard HMS War Maiden."

The former. I mean the first hyper capable ship she commanded. And I now realize that with so many holes in my Honorverse I might have in mind the incorrect ship. I'm thinking it is Fearless, in OBS. If I am incorrect, the humblest of apologies. I shall rephrase the question.

Aboard the original Fearless she handed her first victory to this unfortunate recipient.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by drothgery   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:54 am

drothgery
Admiral

cthia wrote:The former. I mean the first hyper capable ship she commanded. And I now realize that with so many holes in my Honorverse I might have in mind the incorrect ship. I'm thinking it is Fearless, in OBS. If I am incorrect, the humblest of apologies. I shall rephrase the question.
Her first hyper-capable command was the destroyer Hawking (some references to this in the novels, a story aboard it was in one of the later anthologies), later seen in Honor Among Enemies. Then she went to the Crusher, and then to Fearless.
Post by pokermind   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:15 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Buzz, "What is Haven?"

cthia wrote:

For 400 points

Aboard her first hyper-capable command Honor handed her first victory to this unfortunate recipient.

Amaroq wrote:
I'm not quite certain of the question. Do you mean the first hyper-capable vessel she commanded or was a crew-member on?

If it's the first vessel overall I would say "who is Commodore Dunecki aboard HMS War Maiden."

The former. I mean the first hyper capable ship she commanded. And I now realize that with so many holes in my Honorverse I might have in mind the incorrect ship. I'm thinking it is Fearless, in OBS. If I am incorrect, the humblest of apologies. I shall rephrase the question.

Aboard the original Fearless she handed her first victory to this unfortunate recipient.
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

pokermind wrote:Buzz, "What is Haven?"

For 400 points

Amaroq wrote:

Everyone is forgetting the games that got Honor banished to Basilisk. :D

Happy Easter Sunday everyone for all who observe!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Amaroq   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

For 400 points

Sorry, cthia. I should have read the question better. You specified that it was the ship she was commanding not merely serving aboard.

I'll say: Who is Admiral D'Orville?
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by Amaroq   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Vince wrote:
Amaroq wrote:Category: Exotic Fauna

What are shuttlesquitos?

Correct! It's a good thing earth mosquitoes aren't that size or I would be dead! All sorts of blood-sucking critters love me.
Post by SWM   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:55 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Cthia, I think most of us were very confused by your question. First, Honor had multiple victories as commander of the Hawkwing. Second, it was not clear by the term "victory" you were including wargames. Third, it is unlikely that those were the first wargames that Honor had participated in. And fourth, "handing a victory" means giving it. It implies that Honor lost and gave victory to someone else.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Amaroq   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:42 am

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Category: Grayson General Trivia

This was the old-Earth movie that Grayson based much of its sword-fighting style on.

Return to Honorverse